Default Anyone used a smartcard reader (not an SD card reader) in Win10 x64 at all?

Just got a smartcard reader today from Alixpress. You use it for credit cards etc

Not too sure what the prob is, but if I connect it to the other computer here (which has a UEFI BIOS and a TPM module (and a USB 3 normal card reader)

1. First time when it told me to restart, (after I plugged it in) it wouldn't boot. The ssd also disappeared from the BIOS as a bootdisk

Next it kept crashing. I have ruled the smartcard reader being the prob, because it's connected to this now. And it didnt crash it

Only diff is, this system doesnt have a UEFI BIOS or TPM module (yet). Or a normal card reader

I did unplug the card reader on the other system. It still had probs

So the cause maybe UEFI, or even secureboot, Or the TPM module??

Has anyone (if you use a smartcard reader), come across a similar prob?

I dont think it's because it's the creators update, because it's on this system as well
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 29-08-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Default Re: Anyone used a smartcard reader (not an SD card reader) in Win10 x64 at all?

Not a smartcard reader, but I do have a Couple of Computers that if a External HDD via USB is plugged in they wont boot, even though teh main HDD is the first boot device. They simply "stop" at the first splash screen.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Default Re: Anyone used a smartcard reader (not an SD card reader) in Win10 x64 at all?

Oh well. Guess I could leave it off this PC. I haven't figured out what to do with it / how to use it anyway lol

When it was connected to this, it wouldn't boot, the ssd disappeared from the BIOS altogether.

And it said to backup the hdd on the post screen lol wtf

Disconnect it, no errors at all. It's been fine since
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 30-08-2017 at 03:11 PM.