Question Software to monitor 6 year olds use of games etc on ipad / iphone

One of the games our 6 year old plays asked him to take a photo of a boast and send it - creepy.

We trying to educate him but would also like any recommendations for software that could motiro content and chat (ingame esp) please.

Thanks

Default Re: Software to monitor 6 year olds use of games etc on ipad / iphone

My recommendation would be to only allow your son to play on his device when you are in the room. Also don't allow him to have access to the App Store. That will stop any in game purchases. Also limit his time on the iPad. Don't use it as a baby sitting tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Webdevguy View Post
    My recommendation would be to only allow your son to play on his device when you are in the room. Also don't allow him to have access to the App Store. That will stop any in game purchases. Also limit his time on the iPad. Don't use it as a baby sitting tool.
    I agree. A six year old should not be allowed to use a computer/tablet/cell phone unsupervised. A six year old should be enjoying play with friends and using their imagination. Recently I went to a kids party and they all had their noses buried in Tablets & Phones, not communicating with each other.

I know Samsung have a 'kid mode' app, that is handy. There are various other apps available for android that can restrict it in certain ways. Not sure if iOS has a similar thing or not.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

A quick Google search brings up https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT201304
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Turn the WiFi off on the iPad, a 6 year old should not be playing online games especially unsupervised.
    There are plenty of apps that can be downloaded and played off line to keep a 6 year old entertained.

Thank you to W-tech Wrattens for help.

You others, I am guessing you don't have young kids so how about keeping the value judgements and parenting advice to yourselves.

Not that it is any of your business but my boy also loves running, playing with his friends, drawing and even playing kids D&D with his Dad - not just sitting on his Ipad well actual one of his ipads... - he also has his own iphone...