Thread: Mouse

Default Mouse

My mouse stopped so I got a new one, a wireless HP mouse works fine apart from the fact is freezes every few minutes. It stops for a few seconds I move it and its away again but very annoying. Any suggestions thanks.

Default Re: Mouse

See if there is any fluff or something obscuring the camera

Happens here sometimes I use a small paint brush to access where the camera is

How far from the mouse to the receiver? could be a range issue. Or maybe it goes to sleep when you haven't used it for a certain amount of time?
    On My NUC which only has USB 3 ports the wireless keyboard and mouse have incredibly poor range and patchy performance unless I use a short usb extension cable and move the receiver at least a foot away from the PC. As it happens USB 3 creates quite a lot of noise in the 2.4ghz range which can be problematic with some devices and/or PCs. Might be a factor. https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2423604,00.asp

If that's the case moving the receiver away can help, but not always. It fixes my keyboard and mouse but nothing helps my Logitech wireless headphones - they just don't work well on any USB 3 equipped PC that I've tried.
    i7 6700K, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 SSD, Gigabyte GTX980

Get a cat.

That will wake up any sleeping (erratic) mouse

Quote Originally Posted by bruciebear View Post
    My mouse stopped so I got a new one, a wireless HP mouse works fine apart from the fact is freezes every few minutes. It stops for a few seconds I move it and its away again but very annoying. Any suggestions thanks.
    yes. use a usb mouse . (seriously)

wireless : dont be too surprised if it doesnt work properly
    otherwise , try new batt, change power saving settings(usb) ,

try another wireless mouse (maybee a Logitech). It may just be a bad design . It may be powering off too often & too soon (to save internal batts).
    It could even be some other wireless device interfering with that mouses wireless connection.
    Last edited by 1101; 17-07-2017 at 12:29 PM.

VoidMaster

It's probably the battery saver, mine stops working after 3 minutes of inactivity, you have to click one of the buttons to start it again, this is normal, I have three mice that have this feature.

It's actually really useful, when the computer is sleeping and any bump of the table of mouse pad will wake it up, with the battery saver feature on the mouse this doesn't happen.

You can tell if the battery saver is causing the "problem" by turning it over while it has stopped working and seeing if the LED is lit, then if you press a button and it comes on you know the battery saver is working, and is the seeming cause of your "problem"
    Last edited by zqwerty; 17-07-2017 at 01:37 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Can't re Member

Is the mouse anywhere near your modem? Thats why I went back to USB mouse

Thanks for your help, Cheers.