Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonky TV

Default Wonky TV

My +/- 2yo 39.5" Veon TV won't turn on. There is power to the unit, shown by the red indicator light, but that's as far as it gets. I had the problem a few days ago, but it righted itself after a few hours. I can't imagine what could possibly be wrong it's been like this since last night so I imagine its given up the ghost for good. Unfortunately I can't take it back to Warehouse under warranty because I no longer have any of the paperwork, eg manual, warranty card or receipt.

I guess it'll have to be binned, unless anyone has a bright idea?
    Kool-Aid Black Cherry! Get it here!

Default Re: Wonky TV

The warehouse should be able to check warranty via serial number . Or the importer should be able to.
    If they wont its just lazyness on their part.

Chances are its just a 1 year warranty anyway ?
    Unfortunately, given the low cost/value of these items, most of the companies that used to do repairs have long ago gone out of business.

Veons are now 3 year warranty but when you bought it still may have been 1 year

VoidMaster

Are you using the on/off switch on the tv or the remote, if remote check for batteries in the correct way and in a reasonable state of charge.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I guess it'll have to be binned, unless anyone has a bright idea?
    You could ring Willy Wonky for advice?

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

One thing to try - unplug the tv from the wall plug and while it's unplugged, hold down the on button for around 60 seconds then plug back in and try turning on again.

Greg, please, at least answer zqwerty's question: Are you using the on/off switch on the tv or the remote, if remote check for batteries in the correct way and in a reasonable state of charge.
    I've got a Veon TV and I'd like to know in case my one gets a similar illness!
    Either go where you're looking or look where you're going!

Warranty doesn't matter.

The CGA does. Under the CGA you should have a valid claim. I know Veon isn't exactly top end, but even the low end stuff is covered and 2 years is pretty crap for a modern TV.
    wipe your paws.

You should have some kind of paper trail supporting the purchase ... unless you paid in cash of course. Check your Eftpos or Credit Card statements to establish the date of purchase.

From that, The Warehouse will be able to easily check their records for the date of purchase and verify it, and you may find they'll process the claim immediately. It's unrealistic to give the seller only a vague idea of when the sale was made and then ask them to sort through probably thousands of transactions to try to make a match.

If you can't establish the date of sale that way, with their warehousing records not tracking the sale, and the seller refusing to play ball, then and only then, is the time to make CGA type noises.

Good luck.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Both obviously. The warranty is for three years. Meanwhile I've heard back from W/H's customer support - I need to give the branch a call; all they need is the date I purchased it, which is gonna be problematical. But they will send a technician to my home to diagnose the problem. If he can't repair it on-site he'll take it away. Now that's service!

As for the other ideas and suggestions... been there, done all that. But I'm almost sorry it's come to this - I've been looking at the specs and prices of TVs in case I needed to buy another, and this one is so outclassed by named brands, eg there's a 49" JVC unit that I've been drooling over all morning for just 6 hundy.
    Quote Originally Posted by coldot View Post
    Greg, please, at least answer zqwerty's question: Are you using the on/off switch on the tv or the remote, if remote check for batteries in the correct way and in a reasonable state of charge.
    I've got a Veon TV and I'd like to know in case my one gets a similar illness!
    Kool-Aid Black Cherry! Get it here!