Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chorus

Default Re: Chorus

I don't really know, but wait until you have the bike and see how it goes. If it's a factory E-bike like mine it probably has proprietary batteries. None of those would work with my bike for example.
    The are supposed to last for years, or something like 1000 cycles. For me I charge mine every 1-2 weeks and after 6 months it shows no obvious drop in performance.

If mine doesn't last a decent amount of time that'll put me off E-bikes as the battery costs a fortune. When it fails I'd be tempted to try pulling it apart and replacing the cells, depending how that compares price wise as the cells are not cheap either.
    I notice vaping suppliers sell good lithium batteries a bit cheaper than other suppliers though, that's my current plan.

There are two important things in Lithium batteries, the quality of the cells and the quality of the charging/protection circuitry. I'd be concerned about cheapies with the battery sitting between my legs personally given Lithium batteries reputation for catching fire. That said I would not call those cheap exactly.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    I don't really know, but wait until you have the bike and see how it goes.
    If mine doesn't last a decent amount of time that'll put me off E-bikes as the battery costs a fortune. When it fails I'd be tempted to try pulling it apart and replacing the cells, depending how that compares price wise as the cells are not cheap either.

There are two important things in Lithium batteries, the quality of the cells and the quality of the charging/protection circuitry. I'd be concerned about cheapies with the battery sitting between my legs personally given Lithium batteries reputation for catching fire.
    Yeah, it's a major factor for us. Not just the cost of the bikes, but the cost of the batteries.

A serious fail for the second hand e-car market I'd say too.
    Why bother when a new battery costs more than a normal second hand car?

Well it's being delivered today....I have read a bit of those DIY battery websites, not too sure that's feasible either really, a whole new set of things to watch out for.
    Husband is like a kid on Xmas eve.....can't wait.
    wipe your paws.

OMG!!

Bike came, with truck guys drooling over it.

Read book quickly, ignored gear setting (I've never ridden one with more than the 3 setting lever gears) and had a try. Had power on lowest.

You turn the pedal once, and OMG it took off at what felt like 100kph and gave me a hell of a fright!

Ditto husband....

Then read book properly, and went down the rd, up the hill 18kph, on the flat 25kph it's readout said. The power thing is easy to change.
    Which still felt like flying.....

It's a FlyingCat Style brand/model. (LOL - flying...)
    Shimano gears and the lady who owned it had done a total of 3km on it.

So it's basically brand new.

Its red and has a handy carrier, so trips to the shop sorted. Just bought a helmet and husband is going to try properly tomorrow after the traffic calms down.

Does feel more awkward on manual on a hill....maybe the weight? Or maybe my lack of proper gears practice, dunno, see what husband thinks. He knows what he is doing.
    After all it IS heavier than a standard bike.

But I have to say: Utterly Wow. And I was never much of a bike fan.
    wipe your paws.

Yeah they are fun to ride.

Had one for 18 months, done 5000k already.

I think they are cheating but I'm sure I will change my view as I age

You could call any technology cheating, walk to work much?, cook your dinner over an open fire in the back yard?

It's a bit easier and more fun than a normal bike, and not that much less exercise unless you are really lazy. I deliberately got one that requires me to pedal, I've seen people who don't and they may as well have bought a scooter and be done with it.
    I find rather than put less effort in I just go faster for the same amount of effort and don't avoid the hills any more, it's about as much exercise as going for a walk and more enjoyable.

If your only goal for riding a bike is exercise, sure buy a regular one. I use mine to get to work and it's still better for me than driving.

I was riding to work 4 days a week until about a month ago, but had some stuff going on that required to Ute. but since I won't be working after Friday I expect to riding a lot more again as I won't have an income for a while.

Phone yet to be sorted by Spark.
    Drive yet to be repaired.
    Sparks incredible billing SNAFU won't be sorted till next month, but at least it's "in dispute" so I don't have to spend hours on the phone with them about it next month..

And:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled 1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	8131
    wipe your paws.

Pretty quick, you can probably get to their help desk in under a day with that speed, and get an answer within 30 days

All I can get, (but with old batteries)
    Ping 18 ms Download 49.15 Mbps Upload 12.61 Mbps
    This is on the same wires that Telecon said were the reason I got so many dropouts on dialup
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.