Thread: More Scam calls

Talking More Scam calls

We all heard about and some have had the scam calls.

BUT this ones a real face palm

hoax-caller-from-overseas-makes-the-mistake-of-trying-to-scam---------

The advise in the article is not really right either, sure if someone like a scammer calls, but other than that its a legit remote program.

After spelling out a web address (which is included in the call and you should not google)
    logmein used to be the remote they used until logmein changed its operation.

Bit surprising they haven't started using the inbuilt remote in W10, mind you MS could track them then.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 30-05-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Default Re: More Scam calls

It's mildly amusing but a waste of time trying to engage with these people. They don't care, just hang up on them.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Yes, it is a waste of time talking to them. I generally just swear at them and hang up. LOL.
    By the way, been getting missed calls on both my landline as well as mobile, from some +22 number, it's a scam, do not call them back. I have no idea who would call an unknown overseas number back anyway?

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-ze...d-to-know.html

this is why I unplugged my landline .
    Now no more scam calls, no more calls from people selling widgets or 'charities' wanting money (but the bulk of those $ going to the collection agencies)

Ive yet to have a single scam or sales call on my mobile ph, because I dont give that out to companies, councils & websites who have no need for it (yet still want t for some reason).

Had a couple on my Mobile that I missed, one from +9609968967 & one from +36212921262.

No idea how much Iíve won so I hope they call back.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Slipping into Madness lordnoddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    We all heard about and some have had the scam calls.
    Never had any fortunately. But I'm still waiting on my $1 million dollars the Nigerian Prince promised me
    Don't judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes... that way when you do judge them you're a mile away... and you have THEIR shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Had a couple on my Mobile that I missed, one from +9609968967 & one from +36212921262.

No idea how much I’ve won so I hope they call back.
    I got a call from that same number this morning, also on mobile. I too missed it. +9609 seems to be originating from the Maldives, but whatever, I just deleted it.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Another variant of the scam calls, this WILL catch a few out as instead of "giving Help" they simply get your details and offer a refund to a non existent payment.

Posted on the insider forum:

Just got a call from this number* 58 6-87 1-26 61 spaces added
    Told me they were from Microsoft and that I over paid them for a support issues last Feb. and wanted to refund me the amount of $249, after asking them a few question such as what is my name, wouldn't tell me because of security I gave them a fake name and the conversation went on, next was what is my card number with the 3 digit code so they could refund the money, gave them a fake number after a few moments was told that the number is wrong and could I give it to them again, 2nd time a new fake number this time the person replied with yes that is the number matching the name(fake) that I have given him, at this point I told him he was a scammer and he hung up.

I went years upon years before I got my first Nigerian email .
    It really made my day, had been reading about them for so long & a bit disappointed I never had one till then.

I do get p&ssed when I get sales cold calls on the work phones , and they lie or mislead about the purpose of the call .
    As its a work ph, I have to be polite .
    If its a kiwi or American ringing trying to sell, I tell them we get sales call for the same thing every 2nd day. That leaves them a bit dejected , I guess they are on commission only.

It was ackward for a while when the common scams claimed to be a company all to similar to our Company name .