Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Fibre

Default Re: Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by worl View Post
    How deep do you have to dig it? Thinking of doing this in my case.
    Not sure. The road part is 450mm.

We're going down with our pipe one spade depth.

So, since he messed with the copper, which won't budge, it's been getting worse. The net drops off, no dsl, and comes back.
    Swapped modems this morning.
    And then I could hear it on the phone too.

It's stuffed.
    No point in trying to fix it, it can't be, it's to do with him yanking on the wires.
    So I have to go back to Wireless internet/ph until 26th June until they do the fibre.

Rubbish speed, too much congestion, but at least it will stop dropping off.
    No choice really now.

Our copper is dead.
    wipe your paws.

RIP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59818_429225667126317_1068858604_n.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	8105
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

Big excitement around our street at the moment. I have seen a few Chorus and Downer' vans hanging around yesterday. There is white marking spray on the grass verges in front of the houses in our street. I think that we will soon see trenches dug so that the cable can be buried. I am hoping that they will feed the cable under the concrete part of my drive without breaking the concrete.

One of the markings between my neigbours and my property is 'LAT'. What does LAT mean?

At the moment surrounding streets already have Fibre. Ours is a dead end street without Fibre.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i3 540 3.07GHz, 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Gigabyte H55-USB3, Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3300

Probably Lateral, could be a joint going there. Sometimes the paint can lead the work by quite a bit, it had almost dissapeared outside my house before they actually got there.

I have a new manhole in the grass verge outside my house, council property so I don't much care but it seems they are never coming back to remove the boxing timber from the new bits of concrete and I had quite a lot of cement waste in the grass they left behind around there as well. Not the greatest for my Lawnmower.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Thanks dugimodo.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i3 540 3.07GHz, 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Gigabyte H55-USB3, Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3300

It gets better and better.
    So wireless turned up. Fine.

Phone doesn't ring. Why?
    Because our landline number is attached to the fibre order.
    So they assigned a new landline number to the wireless.

This has confused the hell out of husband who is walking around accusing me of all sorts of screw ups and has a headache now.
    In fact he says the copper problem isn't, and must be my network cables, because he doesn't really understand the difference between lan and dsl.
    And he used to work for Telecom !

I am asking them if they can divert the landline number - attached to fibre - meanwhile, without cancelling the order.

Geez.
    If they cancel it we'll end up spending the rest of the year rescheduling endlessly.
    wipe your paws.

I'd suggest if you have a cellphone seeing if you can convince them to divert the landline number to your cellphone (or the new wireless line) at their cost until the fibre install is completed.
    They do do it sometimes when they accept the problem is their fault. Trying to change and use the number by wireless, then change it to fibre sounds bound to cause more issues.

Of course if from their point of view the copper is still working they may not see there's a problem to fix.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    I if you can convince them to divert the landline number to your cellphone (.
    That was choice number 2.
    They have now diverted landline number to new wireless landline number. (Which is all attached to the wireless cellphone number).

LOL.

Husband just can't deal with this stuff anymore, it's all my fault apparently for asking for fibre and I should have left it all alone.

Meanwhile he's trying to fix a dead angle grinder thats a million years old and has not parts anymore.
    I bought him another off Trademe....but whatever....keeps him amused I guess and not worrying about phones etc.
    wipe your paws.

Much thanks to ChorusNZ on geekzone. He mediated and Chorus themselves rang today.
    all happy now and things are progressing without issue.
    So far, they did give me their contact details should anything go to **** again,.

yay. Cause Wireless was horrible all weekend, son moaning his game hangs (it lags badly actually).
    wipe your paws.