Default Gargoyle - Static IP's aren't being static

Similar issue to same thread posted back in 2013

I have Gargoyle installed on my TP Link Archer C7. 1.9.1 I have the LAN DHCP enabled and have DHCP reservations setup

default gateway was 192.168.1.1 with DHCP range of 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.250 and reservations within this range.

All of a sudden after everything working devices started to get assigned 192.168.0.x and could not connect to internet.

I had to change default gateway to 192.168.0.1 and then everything worked again for about 24 hours

now devices are getting IP addresses that are not in the reservation? Again cannot connect to internet
    Last edited by outdoor; 17-05-2017 at 05:37 AM. Reason: update notify

Default Re: Gargoyle - Static IP's aren't being static

That is Windows performing it's own IP addresses when it can't find your DHCP server.

There must be issues reaching the router at that time.

You really need to start where the problem is, the device with the wrong IP. You should renew the IP and see if it correctly finds the router. Check its network card, the settings, ensuring gateway points to the router.

This is one reason why I personally don't use the router to give a device a static IP. I use the computer, Server, NAS, Network Printers what ever it is, enter the static IP into the device, then it tells the router It's taking that IP whether it likes it or not
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

It is every device though. Every device was being given an iPhone with a different subnet

And in order to apply restrictions and quotas you have to have router reserve an ip

Quote Originally Posted by outdoor View Post
    It is every device though. Every device was being given an iPhone with a different subnet

And in order to apply restrictions and quotas you have to have router reserve an ip
    Know how its meant to work.

BUT now a little bit suspect --- Just located another thread in PF1 going back to 2003, EXACT same title, same grammar and same problem. Hmmmmmm That usually throws up red flags. But in case its actually real read the other post.

http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthr...t-being-static
    Last edited by wainuitech; 20-05-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

What's in front of your C7 on the WAN side? There's another DHCP server on your LAN, basically.
    192.168.0.0/24 is *NOT* what Windows gives itself when it can't find an IP, that's 169.254.0.0/16