Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Best available 1080 Ti

Has anyone done any research into the best available 1080 Ti
    I can't seem to find any direct side-by-side comparisons of the various 3rd party models or the reference/founders editions
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

Default Re: Best available 1080 Ti

Geez.... best what?

It's a high end card, why fuss over something so minor?

Me, I always just stuck with the reliable brands.
    3 yr warranty.

Gigabyte and ASUS.
    wipe your paws.

I am more interested in a comparison between the 3rd party cards and the reference editions.
    But NM, I am asking on the wrong board.

As PCtek asked -- Best WHAT ? Performance, weight, noise, size, Price etc etc etc

All you need to do is get on google and LOOK.

Simple search brought up http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php

But they don't have the 1080.

There are many different tests available - go onto passmark High End Graphic cards, http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html select a card, then select another card, click on compare ( box opens on right) and theres all the results.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compare_Example.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	8027
    Last edited by wainuitech; 07-05-2017 at 09:28 AM.

I know what you mean.
    Yes you probably are on the wrong board - go on Overclockers instead.

Because:
    The all have the same main chip.
    The rest is design - fans, heatpipes and what other components they use - like Japanese vs Chinese.

And, mainly it's how much factory overclocking, if nay, they have done to them.
    It still comes down to reliability and quality vs ****.

You can just overclock it yourself.

And I really doubt if you had 1080 A and 1080 B and swapped them around, and played your game, you'd really notice it much with them on the same overclock.
    wipe your paws.

All you really need to do is compare the clock speeds and memory clock speeds, as long as the cooling is adequate the performance difference is generally exactly what you'd expect from the clock difference.
    Toms Hardware regularly reviews and compares models, might be a good place to start.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    As PCtek asked -- Best WHAT ? Performance, weight, noise, size, Price etc etc etc

All you need to do is get on google and LOOK.

Simple search brought up http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php

But they don't have the 1080.

There are many different tests available - go onto passmark High End Graphic cards, http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html select a card, then select another card, click on compare ( box opens on right) and theres all the results.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Compare_Example.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	8027
    Not quite what I was looking for, and yes I did look for a long time before asking.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSade View Post
    Not quite what I was looking for, and yes I did look for a long time before asking.
    So what EXACTLY are you looking for, simply saying "the best" means absolutely nothing ?

All the standard tests, for results that actually matter Eg performance are the same on most sites.

Passmark give the following:

The first graph shows the relative performance of the videocard compared to the 10 other common videocards in terms of PassMark G3D Mark.
    The 2nd graph shows the value for money, in terms of the G3DMark per dollar.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 08-05-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    So what EXACTLY are you looking for, simply saying "the best" means absolutely nothing ?

All the standard tests, for results that actually matter Eg performance are the same on most sites.

Passmark give the following:

The first graph shows the relative performance of the videocard compared to the 10 other common videocards in terms of PassMark G3D Mark.
    The 2nd graph shows the value for money, in terms of the G3DMark per dollar.
    I am finding your "tone" a bit confrontational, I don't expect to see that from you.....

And as I have said three times now, I am looking for comparisons of different 1080Ti's to each other and to the reference/founders editions that are available.
    Preferably without the tedium of a lot of time deciphering and noting down different specs from supplier web sites.

I think the cards are just too new for the type of comparisons you want to be easily available, Nvidia offer a roundup http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...s-card-roundup but I think you are stuck with the tedium you are trying to avoid.

My 2c, pick a couple of brands you like such as previously suggested and go for their highest clocked option. Choose 1 model from say Gigabyte, Asus, and maybe EVGA, then look for reviews of that particular model. The differences in performance are going to be minor between the factory overclocked models so it comes down to cooler design, warranty, and aesthetics. Whichever you choose is not going to impact your gaming experience in any meaningful way which is why I haven't spent much time comparing them myself and I suspect that's the same for others here too.

I have a Gigabyte GTX980 reference model I bought when they first came out, it's played every game I have tried at max settings and high framerates for 2.5 years. If I'd waited and researched and picked a non reference design overclocked model with a "better" cooler and higher clocks I would not have had a better experience. Pick one and be happy with it. Personally I like the reference design because it vents outside the case, but that doesn't seem to matter to most.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070