Default Windows10 - Problem with login

I am typing this on my Laptop, which is working fine, but my Desktop has suddenly decided that my "Normal" Login Password is incorrect, and tells me to login using my Microsoft password.

I have reluctantly tried that and it did not recognise that password either.

Taking a tip thru Google I have opened (Signed in as Computer Sys Manager) Start Up Repair, and am amazed to see that only the Sys manger Account purports to exist. No sign at all of my "normal" account, which had Administrator Level Status.

I currently have up on the Desk Top a Startup Repair Screen that says " The list only shows accounts that have previously signed in to this PC, and does not include standard user user or domain names

I know I can simply start a new Identity, but then i am likely to lose my settings for my email account and FireFox History.Any assitance to work around this, or find a simple solution to reconnecting to my previous setting with these programs will be appreciated.

TFYH
    GrahamB

Default Re: Windows10 - Problem with login

Download and install on another Computer http://www.lazesoft.com/forgot-windo...-freeware.html Make a CD or USB drive, boot from the media you just created, remove any passwords. Works on both Local and email W10 Accounts.

Use it all the time when customers say they don't have a password ( even when asked) get the computers back to the workshop- and F***me Grrrrrrrr Whats there. Don't bother trying to reset set it to something else, just blow it away.

If your main (normal) account is not there then something else has gone wrong.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 11-03-2017 at 09:51 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer

Thanks for your response wainuitech. I did that and it changed a password elsewhere, but had no effect on my User account Password. But a nice try!

TFYH
    Graham

Hmmmm-- Run system restore back to before the problem occurred.

There is another method I been using as well, that should work ( system restore) its the same one I been using to get around these scam callers that lock people out.

Post back if you cant run system restore - you will need a Linux CD to boot from ( yes you're reading that right - Linux, but you need the right distro as not all will do it)
    Last edited by wainuitech; 12-03-2017 at 08:27 PM.
    One thing positive about Windows 10 is that there is never a dull moment anymore on ye olde computer