Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67
  1. #11
    Soaring like an Eagle gary67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hanmers road to nowhere
    Posts
    13,652

    Default Re: For 50+ years I have voted Labour ... but no more !

    Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Because they contributed the most to it. I wouldn't give the "Professional Bludgers" anything, let alone the same amount.
    So I'm guessing your too proud to collect the pension then?

  2. #12
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    6,511

    Default Re: For 50+ years I have voted Labour ... but no more !

    Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    So I'm guessing your too proud to collect the pension then?
    In keeping with your normal logic you are wrong again.

    I am more than happy to collect my pension given the amount of tax I’ve paid over the years and the number of people I’ve employed.

    How about you? Worked all your life on wages and continuously moaned about the boss I guess.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    .
    .
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

  3. #13
    Zippity Fan Club Member prefect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ghlen Ehden 36.918767 S 174.624701 E
    Posts
    8,494

    Default Re: For 50+ years I have voted Labour ... but no more !

    Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    In keeping with your normal logic you are wrong again.

    I am more than happy to collect my pension given the amount of tax I’ve paid over the years and the number of people I’ve employed.

    How about you? Worked all your life on wages and continuously moaned about the boss I guess.
    A pom moaning? You are kidding BM never heard of it before.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

    Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

  4. #14
    Senior Member pctek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the Wild West
    Posts
    24,204

    Default Re: For 50+ years I have voted Labour ... but no more !

    Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post

    Lets call it what it is. Welfare . Not a right just because someone "worked all their life" , we all did .
    .
    Yes.
    And as welfare what welfare is paid to absolutely everyone regardless of their need?

    Lets go on about paying taxes too.
    The big corps don't, The workers do.
    OK the high paid workers.

    So should all medical care be stopped because those earning the most may not have needed to use it?
    Or schooling. Private school kids, so lets can the public schools then because those who make the most money - and (in theory) pay the most taxes are not going to use it?

    Same thing really.
    wipe your paws.

  5. #15
    Soaring like an Eagle gary67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hanmers road to nowhere
    Posts
    13,652

    Default Re: For 50+ years I have voted Labour ... but no more !

    Just goes to show those who whinge about handouts are still in the queue for them. I have been an employee and an employer, I also made alternative arrangements for my old age as I doubt the pension will be worth having. Still some on here think the world owes them for their failings blaming anyone but themselves.

  6. #16
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    6,511

    Default Re: For 50+ years I have voted Labour ... but no more !

    More absolute rubbish!

    Superannuation is not Welfare.

    It is a fund akin to an endowment insurance policy, except you don’t collect a lump sum at 65 (if you qualify for membership), you get a fortnightly dividend.

    The reality is the Government haven’t contributed any tax to it since 2009 as it has been self sufficient with its earnings.

    I suggest you read about how it works HERE and what you have shares in HERE.

    Oh, it must be all right too because it was a Labour initiative courtesy of Mr Cullen.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    .
    .
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

  7. #17
    In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Upper Hutt
    Posts
    5,239

    Default Re: For 50+ years I have voted Labour ... but no more !

    From memory, it was Jenny Shipley in the 1990s that turned superannuitants into "beneficiaries" and removed the concept of entitlement, and instructed Department Of Welfare staff to use the term beneficiary when referring to a pensioner.
    Remembering Rich Conaty, 1954 - 2016....."and don't you never forget, rhythm saved the world, Aloha"

  8. #18
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    6,511

    Default Re: For 50+ years I have voted Labour ... but no more !

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Porritt View Post
    From memory, it was Jenny Shipley in the 1990s that turned superannuitants into "beneficiaries" and removed the concept of entitlement, and instructed Department Of Welfare staff to use the term beneficiary when referring to a pensioner.
    Geeez Terry, go and wash your mouth out!

    Fancy using language like that.

    “Jenny Shipley” indeed.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    .
    .
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

  9. #19
    Retired old codger kenj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nhapier
    Posts
    4,557

    Default Re: For 50+ years I have voted Labour ... but no more !

    Aaaah Shipley... the one who pushed for lowering the drinking age, her reason being that her children were responsible youths and all young people were the same. Always thought that either she was stupid or she was looking after the alcohol industry.

    Ken
    Last edited by kenj; 08-03-2017 at 05:50 PM.

  10. #20
    Soaring like an Eagle gary67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hanmers road to nowhere
    Posts
    13,652

    Default Re: For 50+ years I have voted Labour ... but no more !

    Back in post #9 you called everyone on the pension a bludger, short memory syndrome I think its called. Since I'm not allied to any party who cares which idiot thought it up.

Similar Threads

  1. I have voted
    By DeSade in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 22-09-2014, 10:29 AM
  2. Suckers !!!! YOU VOTED FOR THEM !!!!
    By ruup in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 05:35 PM
  3. Poll: Elections every four years or three years?
    By Digby in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 02:01 PM
  4. Who voted?
    By wratterus in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 09:40 PM
  5. You voted for it.
    By JJJJJ in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 12:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •