Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

Old guy

Default Re: Donald Trump

It is an interesting exercise to watch the competing coverage of Trump from CNN and the like and the likes of Fox news. You could be forgiven for thinking that they had been to completely different events.

Our news in NZ appears to be all taken from the CNN side of things. If Trump walked on water the headlines would read "Trump cannot swim"

Older by the minute

I truly hope that he does try to walk on water so that we can get back to some sense of normality. Have you seen the cost of and the separation of the Secret Service staff just trying to look after the family - positively disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by BBCmicro View Post
    (I am reminded of a Far Side cartoon where an elephant is sitting down at a piano about to give a concert. He's thinking "Dear God, what am I doing here - I'm a trumpeter not a pianist")
    A wonderful allegorical observation, BBCmicro

I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Aussie Diplomats join Trump.

HERE
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

what a load of racist crap

Oh Bevy darling, you really mustnít get your titties in a tangle over such things.

Looking at the comments on You Tube a lot more applaud the clip than criticise it.

One American Lady goes so far as to say she will go and live in Australia because a least Australians have got a Spine.

And something I do like about Australians is that nobody gets to die wondering what the others thought of them.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by bevy121 View Post
    what a load of racist crap
    It is niether racist nor crap. It is however amusing. Islam is a religion not a race and if you want to go to someone else's house/country you fit in with them not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    It is niether racist nor crap. It is however amusing. Islam is a religion not a race and if you want to go to someone else's house/country you fit in with them not the other way around.
    Absolutely right on all counts Clive.

The whole thing is the truth, but the bit I liked the best was “It’s OUR rules OUR back yard”.

I don’t know how many times I’ve had to explain the old adage “When in Rome, do as the Romans do”, so now I’ll settle for “It’s OUR rules OUR back yard.

The trouble with the "Politically Correct Brigade" is they believe that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a 1920s time warp Terry Porritt's Avatar

Originally Posted by CliveM
    Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Absolutely right on all counts Clive.

The whole thing is the truth, but the bit I liked the best was “It’s OUR rules OUR back yard”.

I don’t know how many times I’ve had to explain the old adage “When in Rome, do as the Romans do”, so now I’ll settle for “It’s OUR rules OUR back yard.

The trouble with the "Politically Correct Brigade" is they believe that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    However....there is always an however, however... those views only apply when you are Anglo Saxon in an Anglo Saxon controlled country, they don't (or didn't) apply when Anglo Saxons go to live in someone elses country, eg the British in India, or the British arriving in Australia or New Zealand.
    Last edited by Terry Porritt; 26-02-2017 at 01:56 PM.