Thread: LOLs

Default LOLs

As part of the family court thing my son is going through at present we had a CYFs social worker come round to inspect childs living conditions.

Actually he was quite a nice guy, retired now but still does the odd inspection thing for them.

So I take him to see childs bedroom. She has half of my computer room, decorated to her taste...

He looks at that for about 2 seconds, turns round and looks at the computer desk and spends some time going on about my PC....oooohhh....etc....
    LOL!

Then we had a car discussion, he had an old English car for a while....more LOL.
    wipe your paws.

Default Re: LOLs

Bear with me while I set the scene, it's necessary to fully appreciate this farce ...

A few years ago when living in Wellington, I had a flatmate we'll call Ms X. Ms X' mother (Mrs X) lived in a provincial town at one time the centre of a W vs Wh spelling fiasco, but I digress. Some hours drive away from Wellington will suffice.

Mrs X was an amateur potter spending hours at her craft, and on the occasion of Ms X' birthday gifted Ms X one of her creations, a truly awful and hideous vase.

Some time later, Ms X decided to move flat, and in the process decided to conveniently "lose" the vase (as you do). In reality, Ms X could no longer cope with having to gaze at the truly awful and hideous vase bequeathing it to the flat, where it had been the subject of much derision and merriment.

Let's now introduce another character Mr Y, a very good friend of mine. Mr Y had split with Mrs Y. Mrs Y and daughter Ms Y lived in the same aforementioned W/Wh provincial town as - you guessed it - Mrs X.

Mr Y wanted visiting rights to Ms Y, and of course CYFs needed to inspect the living conditions at Mr Y's house. To do this, they appointed a local W/Wh social worker who had advised both Mrs Y and Ms Y, to travel to Wellington for the inspection and interview.

The social worker visiting Mr Y? None else but the pottery maestro herself, Mrs X.

Now Mr Y had deduced Mrs X was in fact Ms X' mother - and thus creator of the truly awful and hideous vase. Being someone with an impressive reputation as a practical joker, Mr Y borrowed the said truly awful and hideous vase and placed it in pride of place on his coffee table.

I'd liked to have been a fly on the wall when Mrs X visited Mr Y. Mr Y was able maintain a stony face throughout the interview, suppressing the urge to crack up as Mrs X' gaze repeatedly returned to the aforementioned truly awful and hideous vase.

Often interrupting her speech and tailing off into puzzled silence, she must have been the verge of asking but couldn't quite bring herself to do so. My friend maintained his stony countenance and wasn't going to let on he knew more than he let on.

Last edited by WalOne; 09-11-2016 at 11:31 AM.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen