Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to skip an update

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Show everyone a OS that's perfect ?

By your own admission your W10 is damaged, and for what ever reason you wont fix it, and then your other half gets annoyed and turns it off because its taking to long causing even more problems.

The latest update which I put through 5 computers yesterday, the longest took 20 minutes.
    If its taking a long time, its either very low powered or theres an underlying problem.

I'm still trying to figure out why you wont do the right thing and fix it ?
    The Windows 7 computers were running fine prior to the updates. It was the Updates that killed them.

It's not fix it, it's fix them, and the problem extends well beyond my computers.

And just to make matters worse, as fast as you fix them Microsoft send another update which undoes all what you've fixed.

But tell me this: Why did you have to do 5 updates yesterday? Do you now need a Technician to do an update?
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    But tell me this: Why did you have to do 5 updates yesterday? Do you now need a Technician to do an update?
    5 different computers, 3 of my own and two customers.

Again not reading -- Guess ya stuffed that smart comment up didn't ya. You want to borrow my glasses: ?

The latest update which I put through 5 computers yesterday

Good gravy, anyways the script seems to have worked. Thanks
    | Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz | Hyper 212 evo CPU cooler | Corsair vengance 12gb 1600Mhz | EVGA 1070 FTW | 60gb SSD + 500gb SSD + 2x WD black 1tb HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Corsair AX850w | Corsair 600t white |

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post

The latest update which I put through 5 computers yesterday, the longest took 20 minutes.
    If its taking a long time, its either very low powered or theres an underlying problem.
    It happens. 2 brand new notebooks,straight out of the box, different brands. Both reasonable spec
    Win10 updates, at the same time :One took approx 20minutes (if that), the other took 4 hours (yep) . Very strange , but the one that took 4 hours was hardly a clean OEM install (just the opposite, took ages to clean it up)

Agreed most dont really have any major issues with win10 updates though, otherwise the workshop would be full of them, rather than the very occasional one.
    MS cant test updates on every single notebook & PC out there.

What MS could do to help, is to just take a stand on pre-loaded crapware,adware,spyware(has happened) & trialware on new Win10 machines, and make a stand on OEM non standard partitioning (there is no need for 5 partitions with partitions in a weird order).
    Thats were MAC has the upper hand, MAC has absolute controll as to whats preloaded on their systems . No nasty surprises such as preloaded AV that just stops working after 30days .

Good points, 1101, especially re OEM crap.