Unhappy WP 10 - Outlook 365 2016 programmers fix something that wasn't broken

Outlook 365 has started automatically deleting appointments once the time slot has gone.

This is frustrating because I rely on keeping a record of past appointments. Is this a new programming glitch, or have I inadvertently changed some settings? I've checked what I can and everything seems in order.

Is there any Outlook guru able to comment? Thanks.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Default Re: WP 10 - Outlook 365 2016 programmers fix something that wasn't broken

The most common reason for things like that disappearing is if they are synced to another device, and for some reason get deleted.

From another site:
    Typically, sync software defaults to syncing current appointments and deletes appointments older than a few weeks to conserve space, with a default setting of 60 days (8 weeks) or similar. When appointments are deleted from the handheld, the sync process deletes them from Outlook too. So after a few weeks of use, appointments are deleted from the handheld to free up space and then from Outlook on the next sync. The calendar will have appointments for dates before the first sync and very recent dates but the period between the first sync and a few weeks ago are missing.
    Just looked at mine Office 365, and all the past appointments that I haven't deleted on purpose for the previous two weeks are there. Generally I don't keep them longer than that as any reference is Via invoices for the customers.

Looking at the update history, the last Office related update was on 14/9/2016

Looking at all the update descriptions after the 14th as to what they contained, there's nothing relating to Office.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 24-10-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Default Re: WP 10 - Outlook 365 2016 programmers fix something that wasn't broken

What did you change?

Outlook doesn't delete appointments. Mine are still in my calendar from 16 years ago

Auto-archive? in Calendar permissions - seems to be an option to delete items once archived... (Don't really know if this will help as I still have
    all my appointments showing......)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outlook Calandar Options.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	7603