Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anyone know how to get into a Toshiba C50D-A BIOS?? Or does it exist?

I think the hdd is 1/2 dead in this thing. It seems to load pretty quickly, but the disk usage is always high (Win8 is on it). Once it loads

I see there's a system settings program in windows, that lets you change whatever.

But it does bugger all. I can change it so it boots from USB. But if I plug a USB flash drive in, to try and boot from it, it does nothing

I've tried ESC, F1, F2, after it restarts, does nothing. I've disabled fast boot in this system settings program, it still boots into windows

Default Re: Anyone know how to get into a Toshiba C50D-A BIOS?? Or does it exist?

Toshiba had used ESC, F1, F2 and F12 to enter their BIOS setup.

If still no go, try all function keys or DEL.

Default Re: Anyone know how to get into a Toshiba C50D-A BIOS?? Or does it exist?

DOn't know personally, but some sites Googled for this suggest holding down F2 then powering up..................

if may be ctrl F2

this may be of some help
    https://askleo.com/how_do_i_boot_fro..._in_windows_8/

UEFI boot nightmares

Just why MS hasnt tried to standardised boot/post F keys is beyound me.
    Every other PC is different , even manufactures chop & change the post/boot f keys from year to year
    Last edited by 1101; 20-10-2016 at 10:29 AM.

I'll try Ctrl F2. I've tried ESC, F1, F2, Del those do bugger all

Older by the minute

I'll see if there's something in control panel. There is a media creation option. You can use dvd or flash drive. Dont know why it's got the USB option. It fails before it starts

It's F2 - if you 'mash' F2 as soon as you hit the power button, it should get you into the BIOS, otherwise hold down the shift key and click 'restart', then choose 'change setting in UEFI' or something to that effect.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

It was F2. Just took forever to get into the BIOS. Thought the prob was the hdd. So I removed it and put another hdd that hasnt been used in.

And installed Win10 Home x64. It's just as bad lol (or worse)

The disk usage isn't as high, but the CPU usage kept going to 99%, and made it slow as. Altho, it's only 1 GHZ. With 4 GB ram

Don't think I'll reinstall the Toshiba crap that was on it. That'll probably bog it down. And some of the programs didnt work anyway. And I don't why the site has bluetooth drivers for it. I can't find any mention that this laptop has it. On the site, in the BIOS. or in device manager

Does it have one of those AMD E1 or E2 processors? They are utter garbage if so, and the notebook will always be a dog - even with a SSD they are still average. I wish manufacturers wouldn't make computers with that lower spec.
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."