Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Windows 10 update has deleted itunes WTF????

I am running the following

Edition - Windows 10 Pro
    Version - 1607
    OS Build - 14393.321

Can anyone tell me how this happened?
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

Default Re: Windows 10 update has deleted itunes WTF????

Sounds like a feature not a bug

Quote Originally Posted by fred_fish View Post
    Sounds like a feature not a bug

Granted I like Groove better but I am more concerned with the unauthorized deletion.
    The Internet moves in mysterious ways.

You authorised it when you agreed to the EULA.

How old was your ITunes, ?? They seem to update it quite regularly. Just checked on 3 PC's here that were upgraded today to 14393.321, the oldest iTunes is 12.4.3.1 ( august) all still exactly where they were.

Sometimes if software is not compatible it will get uninstalled so it seems.

All explained on this site.http://www.howtogeek.com/243581/wind...ithout-asking/

Had a few issues with software missing as well as hardware,did a clean install Sunday week ago on a new SSD and had the Optical drive go missing(second time),had the built in card reader go missing on the initial Win 10 install last year
    Just thinking with Microsoft wanting more use of the Edge Browser maybe other browsers conventionally go missing during a update
    Would make a effort to backup your Browser Favorites and config just to be sure

Let’s face it, it’s endless!

Wife’s Laptop loses Webcam.

Turns out to be a USB Driver. Trick is to un-install and then search for new Hardware. That replaces the driver and you’re away.

My Laptop looses Wi-Fi Adaptor. Nothing I tried worked so I found a Restore Point prior to the “Critical Update” and rolled back to there.

Wi-Fi working again.

Mate turns up with his Desktop. When it turns on it sits there with those little dots chasing each around in circles.

Eventually, after like 1/2 hour, it loads.

Turns out Ccleaner is missing, same as mine, reinstalled and cleaned out 2.7gig of junk only to be told I must close other programmes as we were down to 400meg of Memory.

What other programmes, I haven’t started any. Take a look and as it started life as a Vista machine it only has 2gig of RAM.

Now wouldn’t you think Microsoft would check to see if your computer specifications would cope with the update before installing it?

I wonder when Microsoft are going to send me a questionnaire asking what I think of Win10.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

@B.M. You have actually stated all the problems - The previous installs were damaged, and already full of junk, no wonder you are having problems.
    One other point you made a comment on
    What other programmes, I haven’t started any. Take a look and as it started life as a Vista machine it only has 2gig of RAM
    Errrrrrr programs running in the background -- that automatically start up, disable them.

2 GB is not really enough & someone has put W10 on, as vista is NOT in the options for a free upgrade when it was going, it has to be Windows 7 and above.

So blame who ever put W10 on the old vista machine - doesn't really know what they are doing

Might pay before making so many negative remarks you learn how a computer OS works ANY OS has tasks running in the background.

Sorry to say but every negative comment you make can be explained, usually due to lack of knowledge, for if a person has the knowledge they would fix it.

The laptop I took back this morning - the person thought I had upgraded the hardware, as it was so much quicker than the old upgrade, but I hadn't, it was a clean install of W10, the previous old W7 was a mess causing many problems. Old boot time - 3 minutes, new boot time 20 seconds. Same programs, same data, same hardware - just set up correctly.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 13-10-2016 at 11:01 AM.

LOL you seem to have replied to near every post of B.M.s since you blocked him...

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    @B.M. You have actually stated all the problems - The previous installs were damaged, and already full of junk, no wonder you are having problems.
    One other point you made a comment on Errrrrrr programs running in the background -- that automatically start up, disable them.

2 GB is not really enough & someone has put W10 on, as vista is NOT in the options for a free upgrade when it was going, it has to be Windows 7 and above.

So blame who ever put W10 on the old vista machine - doesn't really know what they are doing

Might pay before making so many negative remarks you learn how a computer OS works ANY OS has tasks running in the background.

Sorry to say but every negative comment you make can be explained, usually due to lack of knowledge, for if a person has the knowledge they would fix it.
    Do you never get sick of looking stupid trying to defend Microsoft?

So lets get the facts straight.

All the machines were working fine regardless of the common junk files prior to the Update.

I know to your way of thinking if your car was running fine and you put in some dud petrol and the car stopped, it’s the cars fault not the Petrols.

However, not everyone sees it that way.

As for it originally being a Vista machine, I know it came with Vista and it still has a Vista Sticker. Win7 was an upgrade available at time of purchase. So it was upgraded to Win 7 courtesy of Microsoft and all subsequent updates were courtesy of Microsoft.

It’s just a pity that Microsoft doesn’t use all your computers information they have got access to to do something useful like not allowing computers with incompatible hardware to upgrade.

So you see it is you who doesn’t know what you’re talking about.

The bottom line is all these computers were all working fine prior to the one thing they had in common, a DUD update!
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.