Unhappy cAST TO DEVICE PROBLEM

Hi there, I have a problem casting from my PC to my TV. I have a Panasonic Viera ET60 series TV and for some reason I cannot read file names in the Media player nor can I cast from the Pc. The error message on the pc is !Media is not available. When I try and play from the TV media player it can find the Folder names but not the file names.

Any help would be appreciated. I am using a Huawai HG659b modem and also a Netgear AC1200 wifi range extender. the Wifi is built in to the tv.

Johnmcc

Default Re: cAST TO DEVICE PROBLEM

Did you do this for the PC?

And what format are you trying to play?

And if youre trying to use screen mirroring on the pc, does it support WIDI?
    Last edited by Speedy Gonzales; 26-09-2016 at 02:38 PM.

I am not trying to use screen mirroring, by right clicking on the file you can cast to a device. Since upgrading to fibre and a different modem
    I am getting the message media not available.

Bumping this one to the top .... having similar problems and wouldn't mind a bit of advice if anyone can help.

I've got a Chromecast v2 that works brilliantly with Netflix, On Demand channels etc. in Chrome browser. The problem is, when I come to watch movies (legal ... mainly home movies that were on VHS) that I have on an external hard drive. I've tried converting them to .avi .MP4 and a lot of other formats ... nothing works.

VLC is working on a version that shows a lot of promise, but it's not reliable yet. There are another couple that are more expensive than a house in Queenstown and one of those looked a bit dodgy.

If anyone knows of a good reliable program or a work around, I'd be ever so greatful for your assistance !

Can't re Member

I had similar problems, not that I use it that much. When the laptop doesn't cast I just cable the HD port directly