Thread: Kodi Win10

Default Kodi Win10

Trying to get to grips with Kodi. I have "PC Pilot Magazine" discs which have videos which play well. Also on the discs are zip files of aircraft. It doesn't appear possible to open these zip files

in Kodi but is there some way I can achieve this.? I had no trouble doing this in XP and Win7. Another Win10 learning curve to conquer.!!

Default Re: Kodi Win10

Quote Originally Posted by Pato View Post
    Trying to get to grips with Kodi. I have "PC Pilot Magazine" discs which have videos which play well. Also on the discs are zip files of aircraft. It doesn't appear possible to open these zip files

in Kodi but is there some way I can achieve this.? I had no trouble doing this in XP and Win7. Another Win10 learning curve to conquer.!!
    You need to extract the zip files. I'd be rather surprised if most players could play from within a zipped file since they are compressed. Simply right click the zipped file - Extract - select location on PC.

BTW-- Thats nothing new ( extracting files) its been around for Years.

Thanks. I know all about extracting zip files. I guess I didn't explain myself very well. I thought there may have been a way of doing this within Kodi but obviously not.

I have found Kodi to be a very good player and I prefer it to VLC. Thanks for the previous player recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Pato View Post
    Thanks. I know all about extracting zip files. I guess I didn't explain myself very well. I thought there may have been a way of doing this within Kodi but obviously not.

I have found Kodi to be a very good player and I prefer it to VLC. Thanks for the previous player recommendations.
    Yeah Kodi is a good player, one of the things I often play about with is what seems like endless amount of repositories you can add. Some work great others no so

I got all the media linked to it from various sources AND got the Windows Media Player Remote to work correctly with it. Never did work correctly in WMP