Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Windows 10 anniversary update

Hello,

I am trying to run windows update to install the latest anniversary version, but it keeps giving me the error "Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x80070005" I have tried a number of times and even tried the Windows 10 update assistant, all with no luck. All other updates in the past have installed fine, not sure what to try next, any advice?
    I have run the windows cleanup tool, run scannow/sfc (found no problems)

David

Default Re: Windows 10 anniversary update

Could possibly be antivirus or other security program interfering

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...?page=3&auth=1

Error 0x80070005 often relates to permissions Eg: Access Denied. If its Not a Antivirus as Lawrence posted then it can also be malware or permissions have changed someplace.

Have a read of fix-error-code-0x80070005 - Several suggestions and things to try.

If the Software distribution folder has gotten corrupted that will stop it as well sometimes.

Edited:
    Causes of error code 0x80070005

Problem with Administrative rights
    Problem with user account settings
    Improper internet settings
    Misconfiguration of Windows Update settings
    Firewall might be preventing windows updates
    You are not allowed to receive update from windows store

wai, it looks as though MS controls one's computer, since the latest update yesterday no. 14*****, I now have a different load screen, hit enter and then have to put in my MS password.

Will be getting my expert to do as Speedy recommended in another of my posts.

Only put the W10 upgrade on lappy 26 July 2016 and have 29 days after that to get it right, rofl.

Wife's W7 put the upgrade to W10 without any hassles!. Even has the MS Games Solitaire, etc still on it, had to go and download W10 games on lappy.

lurking.

Passwords on Computers -- They are only put in if a person selects to, or actually puts them in on purpose.

MANY people use the default settings tisk tisk, if a person selects Customise, theres no big technical questions or options, and you can turn off different options, set the computer to log into windows with no password or email address. Its quite simply a case of looking at what's being asked. The majority of customers computers I setup so they go straight to the desktop, then if tehy want a password, then put one in.

What MANY people dont know is if you se it up that way, when logging into some app that needs a MS account like the Store, mail etc, you simply select that app alone to remember the password ( if you want). My own computers all have password, BUT thats becasue they all log into my own server, nothing to do with a MS account

Load Screens -- in this upgrade theres a new one added, but thats easy to change in this build where as the previous build you couldn't.

Regarding the Win 10 free upgrade expiry date (29 July). I have found interesting information
    that extends the expiry beyond that date. Read the article here:-

https://davescomputertips.com/still-...cap+Newsletter

Yet to see the update on either of our computers

Did a upgrade yesterday(mounted ISO) firstly on a newly built standby with the 10240 Build on it, the Windows 10 anniversary update went flawlessly

Main comp did not go so well with it ending with the Error 0xc1900101-0x40017 (failed second boot) have never had a failed update yet to date but this went for 12 hours which I had to kill this morning

Just about to do it again uninstalling all security programs,stopping all unnecessary programs in start-up just to start with to pinpoint the problem

Seems like this Error code is hard to troubleshoot

I had problems doing the first upgrade at the time last year even using the Media Creation Tool and ISO.
    I found that by running the ISO and selecting not to install any updates until later after the upgrade I got through ok.
    As I recall there were 2 options to "Install any updates (recommended)" or "Install later" or words to that effect.
    I used the last option and I got it installed ok.
    I then tried installing the different updates, you may have to do them separately or in small groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedsdad View Post
    As I recall there were 2 options to "Install any updates (recommended)" or "Install later" or words to that effect.
    I used the last option and I got it installed ok.
    Yes I will do as well(install updates later)