Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Windows 10 slow boot

Now you need to change to an SSD!

I have also found that new upgrades are slow as there is a lot of background stuff going on. When this quietens down, all comes right.

But, personally, I never worry about boot times, unless they indicate other problems, of course, as I always sleep my comps instead of shutting them down.

Thanks, its not really worth putting a SSD in as its not my main PC. The upgrade was a test bed prior to doing my main PC, which I am about to tackle and does have a SSD.

The SSD ref was tongue-in-cheek but nice to see your main comp has one. They certainly do make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by linw View Post
    I have also found that new upgrades are slow as there is a lot of background stuff going on. When this quietens down, all comes right.

But, personally, I never worry about boot times, unless they indicate other problems, of course, as I always sleep my comps instead of shutting them down.
    Im finding the big problem is total lack of patience with some users. They want instant on, will not wait . Then start hammering the kb , while startup is finishing-making things worse

And theres alot happening at startup on work PC's.
    So many 3rd party programs need/want to load in the background , via start, services & scheduled tasks(run at startup)

10's circling dots at startup frustrate the hell out of me. They make it seem like start is being delayed alot longer than it actually is

well, well, well! reading through the posts "Windows 10 slow boot" looked interesting. I spent hours with "W10 forums" trying to speed up restarts/reboots. Many changes but not much joy with the time factor i.e. up to 5 mins. I've set the screen to stay on with a screen saver. Wainuitech, you had the answer. I made the on/off changes. The restart took about 45 secs, amazing. Many thanks