Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Britain's Donald Trump - out!!

"If Fawlty Towers is now being removed by the BBC then humour is dead. The puritans are winning because the establishment is weak and has no self confidence."

Nigel Farage@Nigel_Farage· Jun 12

Default Re: Britain's Donald Trump - out!!

Stabbed in the back overnight by Michael Gove who had stood alongside
    Boris for the duration of the Brexit leave campaign and has now stated
    that "Boris is not good enough to lead the country but I am" and thrown
    his hat in the ring. MG recently stated publicly on national TV that he
    himself lacked the qualities needed to be Prime Minister ! WTF ?

Mandela effect?

Mighty forces at play here.

I watch to see if they can reverse the peoples vote.
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Mighty forces at play here.(snip)
    One mighty force anyway - Mrs Gove apparently Cic. The couple have been described in the Guardian as Lord and Lady McGove, with Mrs Gove (Ms Vine) being cast as Lady Macbeth.

Others are suggesting that the Goves had this stitched up long ago, and that the Brexit shenanigans were a pretext for the Tories to have a gory leadership battle. Given that both Cameron and Johnson were old Bullingdon Club members it looks as though they are following the Club tradition - select a business (e.g. a restaurant), go in and smash the place up, then flee and leave others to clean up the mess. Given that the leaders of both the Leave and Remain camps were Bullies and both have left others to clean up the shambles they have left behind, this seems a feasible scenario!

Seriously, I doubt you are going to get your fervent wish, given that the Leave leaders are all trying to back pedal as fast as they can on issues related to both immigration and sovereignty - "Oh well, we didn't mean what we said". Lovely types all.

Seriously, have you watched Gove on TV. I think that our glorious Labour Party leader has got about twice Goves charisma level. And lets face it Andrew Little has bugger all charisma!!

I bet Gove has a handshake like a wet sock full of cold porridge!

Just my thoughts

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    One mighty force anyway - Mrs Gove apparently Cic. The couple have been described in the Guardian as Lord and Lady McGove, with Mrs Gove (Ms Vine) being cast as Lady Macbeth.

Others are suggesting that the Goves had this stitched up long ago, and that the Brexit shenanigans were a pretext for the Tories to have a gory leadership battle. Given that both Cameron and Johnson were old Bullingdon Club members it looks as though they are following the Club tradition - select a business (e.g. a restaurant), go in and smash the place up, then flee and leave others to clean up the mess. Given that the leaders of both the Leave and Remain camps were Bullies and both have left others to clean up the shambles they have left behind, this seems a feasible scenario!

Seriously, I doubt you are going to get your fervent wish, given that the Leave leaders are all trying to back pedal as fast as they can on issues related to both immigration and sovereignty - "Oh well, we didn't mean what we said". Lovely types all.
    I say there is something afoot, if 17000000 people vote for it and somehow be ignored, then one must wonder at the dark side.
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero

Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar

BoJo may as well wait it out now, then strike once the exit is sorted
    and Britain has seceded from the European Disunion.

BoJo for P.M. in four years or so?

Interesting times, indeed.
    FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    I say there is something afoot, if 17000000 people vote for it and somehow be ignored, then one must wonder at the dark side.
    It was ever thus. The minority of the wealthy has always ruled England, and that is the way the English seem to like it. The descendants of the few Norman knights that arrived in 1066 still own the place and still take no notice of the hoi polloi. Just look at the prominent movers in this shemozzle - public school oiks and their forelock tugging vassals. I wouldn't give a fig for the chances of the voting majority - democracy has always been smoke and mirrors in England.

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    It was ever thus. The minority of the wealthy has always ruled England, and that is the way the English seem to like it. The descendants of the few Norman knights that arrived in 1066 still own the place and still take no notice of the hoi polloi. Just look at the prominent movers in this shemozzle - public school oiks and their forelock tugging vassals. I wouldn't give a fig for the chances of the voting majority - democracy has always been smoke and mirrors in England.
    Democracy doesn't work anywhere, her and in the US its money that counts not political skill, just look the the idiot we have here and the nutter Trump over there