Default iTunes ubd.exe error

Updated iTunes software (but did not install iCloud). On boot-up I get the following: "ubd.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point_objt_init could not be located in the dynamic link library obj.dll."

There are plenty of comments on Google. I thought I could just go to Processes in Task Manager and delete it but ubd.exe doesn't show up there.

There doesn't appear to be an easy way of getting rid of this annoying problem but perhaps someone can come up with a fix.?

Default Re: iTunes ubd.exe error

If ccleaner is installed delete its entry under tools/startup. Looks like this prob / error used to happen 2 yrs ago

It may have been some kind of bug in the Itunes installer / Itunes. Or it maybe conflicting with the version that was installed before

If you updated Itunes over Itunes try uninstalling everything to do with it in programs and features. And delete all of the Apple / Itunes folder after

Then reinstall it

Thanks Speedy. I think uninstalling everything may be the only way to go, but I would be reluctant to reinstall it again as it looks like an ongoing problem.

It doesn't look like anyone, including Apple, can fix it. I intend to get Win10 next month so that may be my salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Gonzales View Post
    If ccleaner is installed delete its entry under tools/startup. Looks like this prob / error used to happen 2 yrs ago

It may have been some kind of bug in the Itunes installer / Itunes. Or it maybe conflicting with the version that was installed before

If you updated Itunes over Itunes try uninstalling everything to do with it in programs and features. And delete all of the Apple / Itunes folder after

Then reinstall it
    Tried to delete in ccleaner but got "Cannot delete MSI installer" so unfortunately that didn't work.

? What does MSI installer belong to? And where did you try and delete it in ccleaner? Was it in startup?

My mistake. Tried to delete in uninstall. The only reference in startup is "iTunes Helper.exe" I presume that is the one I should delete.?

Speedy, I finally had to uninstall iTunes to get rid of the problem and am now apprehensive about reinstalling it in case the problem returns. Apple seems to take over the computer!!.