Default Panasonic TH-60CX700Z stuck on HDMI3 channel

This is the second time this has happened since I bought this TV a couple of months ago....

I have my Chromecast plugged into the HDMI3 port - last night I quickly flicked a YouTube video up from my phone (too lazy to go hunting for the video in the YouTube app on the TV) and when I had finished watching it, attempted to go back to the 'normal' TV channel (HDMI1 - being fed from a TiVo unit).

None of the buttons on the TV remote work - except for things like Menu and Volume. The Input Select buttons on the TiVo remote don't work either.

I turned the TV off overnight, but this morning, after rebooting it, the input is still HDMI3 and the buttons on the remotes are still unresponsive...

I don't recall what I did to fix it last time (I suspect some fortuitous button mashing combo did the trick)....

Any hints?

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

Default Re: Panasonic TH-60CX700Z stuck on HDMI3 channel

Tried new batteries?

Does the TV have buttons on it you can use? my Samsung doesn't appear to but turns out there's a little joystick button thing under the front left that can do most things when I examined it.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Odd that the volume works but the input etc doesn't.

When my TV lost the plot, I rang LG and they said to leave it unplugged for 5 hours and call them back after that. I did, plugged it in, same issue, so they sent somebody out to collect / repair the unit.

I'd imagine Panasonic would offer something similar?
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Managed to get around the issue (and now I know how to fix it the next time it happens).

On the back/side of the TV are some buttons (Channel up/down, Volume up/down and INPUT) - I used these to select the input I wanted and now the remote is behaving itself.

Thanks guys

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

for next time.. :-)
    May just be the TV having a fit at whats plugged into the HDMI ports . Unplug everything & restart the TV
    Or unplug from the power & wait, rather than the semi-off the the Off button gives (its still semi on when 'off' )

My Samsung occasionally has issues turning on with the Media PC plugged into the HDMI

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    for next time.. :-)
    May just be the TV having a fit at whats plugged into the HDMI ports . Unplug everything & restart the TV
    Or unplug from the power & wait, rather than the semi-off the the Off button gives (its still semi on when 'off' )

My Samsung occasionally has issues turning on with the Media PC plugged into the HDMI
    Tried all that - unplugged HDMI connections and totally restarted (at the wall) the TV. Including an overnight switch off (at the wall)...

Temperamental technology!!!

I WILL get to the bottom of it - eventually...

If your tv is online, check for a firmware update. Modern tv's get more updates than windows! :-)
    NZ Digital TV Forum, Freeview NZ , etc
    http://www.nzdtv.com/

Quote Originally Posted by apsattv View Post
    If your tv is online, check for a firmware update. Modern tv's get more updates than windows! :-)
    Good suggestion - that was one of the checks I did also...