Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Scan passport to send away for approval

I need a free programme to merge multiple photo's about 27 into 1 or as many as I can or if I convert to pdf which would be easiest.
    Its for my granddaughters passport so don't really want to do it online! I have scanned all the images from the passport so as she can send it when I can figure how to reduce the 27 scans into a smaller image.

Default Re: Scan passport to send away for approval

If you've got Office 2013/2016 you can use word insert the images and save it as a pdf file

Or if you had a canon printer you could use MP navigator scan what you have and save it as a pdf file as well

Pdfsam it's free I use it at work for merging or splitting pdf's

You can apply for and obtain a passport online, but they will want a suitable digital image, so be aware that there are very strict requirements around passport photos now.

I've just obtained a new passport, as has my son, and they are very very finnicky indeed about photos. Chin up, blank white background, and no smiles, glasses, hair obscuring features, etc etc, so my passport looks like a Soviet Police mug shot.

The Passport Office won't browse through your photos or try to extract the best one from the bunch, resize them, or any other modification. They'll just reject the lot of them and point you back to the 'photo requirements' section of the application form.

You will have to provide them with two identical photos correctly sized (or one emailed image as part of an online application) that meet their specific requirements. I'm not saying it can't be done, but unless you want to enter into a lengthy correspondence, your grand-daughter would be better to get her photos taken professionally, it is not expensive.

Photos from her old PP are no use either.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    Some days it's not even worth chewing through my restraints!

yep - and photo has to be no more than 6 months old...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy T View Post
    You can apply for and obtain a passport online, but they will want a suitable digital image, so be aware that there are very strict requirements around passport photos now.

I've just obtained a new passport, as has my son, and they are very very finnicky indeed about photos. Chin up, blank white background, and no smiles, glasses, hair obscuring features, etc etc, so my passport looks like a Soviet Police mug shot.

The Passport Office won't browse through your photos or try to extract the best one from the bunch, resize them, or any other modification. They'll just reject the lot of them and point you back to the 'photo requirements' section of the application form.

You will have to provide them with two identical photos correctly sized (or one emailed image as part of an online application) that meet their specific requirements. I'm not saying it can't be done, but unless you want to enter into a lengthy correspondence, your grand-daughter would be better to get her photos taken professionally, it is not expensive.

Photos from her old PP are no use either.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
    I had my pic taken at the local camera shop last Thursday. I completed the form on-line on Friday, and the new passport arrived by courier on Monday - no sweat!

I had a slightly more complicated process getting a International Driver's License. To complete on-line I had to scan both sides of my NZ Drivers License, attach the pic taken for my passport - and that arrived by post on Wednesday. And attach some dollars in both cases - of course!
    Last edited by R.M.; 23-06-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    Now-if I could just remember where I left my brain...

Quote Originally Posted by R.M. View Post
    I had my pic taken at the local camera shop last Thursday. I completed the form on-line on Friday, and the new passport arrived by courier on Monday - no sweat!

I had a slightly more complicated process getting a International Driver's License. To complete on-line I had to scan both sides of my NZ Drivers License, attach the pic taken for my passport - and that arrived by post on Wednesday. And attach some dollars in both cases - of course!
    how did you get the watermarks to show on the scanned dollars
    Trust me. I know what I'm doing.Sledge Hammer

Linux the only way to get rid of the windows boot sector virus ( Geoff Palmer , Jun 28, 2004 Tips & Help : Tux Love, PCWorld NZ)

Parkinsons NZ

Nae bother...
    Now-if I could just remember where I left my brain...

Hi all thanks problem resolved I managed to scan passport and print every page in actual size in FastStone that's what granddaughter asked for!