Page 1 of 12 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit

Default Brexit

I realise most on hear have no interest in world affairs, but wonder at the thoughts of those with a mind beyond telephone scams.
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero

Default Re: Brexit

I actually registered to vote for this one. It's the last time I will be eligible to vote in the UK unless I moved back. Having come from Kent where the refugee crisis is a daily event and having friends as well as family work for Border Force, staying in Europe is clearly not working for the UK.

I've been following this fairly closely on the Telegraph and watching the debates on ITV.

Who knows which way the vote will go but I'm picking the ground swell is for.

If there are genuine refugees, by all means open the doors. But the refugee crisis seems to me not humanitarian, but opportunistic on the part of the mainly able bodied and younger men invading Europe. I think it's Denmark that has at least one major town where its citizens have been displaced by "refugees", and Sharia law is observed.

Britain is right to claim its sovereignty, to close its borders (even the Frogs are close to that action themselves). This is a crisis of the EU's making.

Britain doesn't need the EU let alone having to feed Brussels UKP350 million, each and every week. I'm with Boris - and Gary - on this one.
    Last edited by WalOne; 16-06-2016 at 07:42 AM.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

I personally think that they should leave. I see the NZ media scare mongers saying it will be bad for NZ if they leave. That's what they said when the joined the EU. Can't have it both ways. I suspect that they will stay in with the British gov pumping millions of propaganda money into the "Stay" vote campaign.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

The problem I have with the debate is the people who are involved in leading and misleading the voters. How could I possibly vote on the same side as Boris the Buffoon, Michael Gove (who looks like a slapped baby's bum), and Nigel Farago? But then on the other side the leaders are Cameron and Osborne!

The Brexit side are liars about how much Britain is paying the EU and they refuse to retract their lies. Osborne and his Labour counterpart have just published a budget which they claim would be required by the emergency that would be created by Brexit, and surprise surprise it involves tax hikes and service cuts.

I wonder whether we can ever have a sensible referendum - I am reminded of the referenda on Australian monarchy, Scotland and the UK, and our national flag. Once the pollies get involved the lies start flying and I honestly can't see any of the recent referenda as being a truly free and informed vote. Lying bastards the lot of them. In this referendum the Bullingdon Club is leading both sides, and Labour is apparently absent without leave - the loyal opposition isn't providing any worthwhile leadership.

Thank goodness my lot got out of that madhouse in the mid 19th century!

Sorry Cic, none of that diatribe answered your question but I guess for me as a Kiwi, the question is what will happen to the EU if Britain leaves. If the EU is meant to be about keeping all of Europe's formerly warring states together as one "peaceful" family, then would a breakup lead to a resumption of the earlier belligerent relationships? If a breakup of the so-called community won't lead to the old problems then honestly I don't give a toss what they do.

I say this because of the way Europe has got us involved in world conflict far too often. Thankfully my 3 uncles survived WW1 service and came home (albeit damaged), but my Polish in laws were hammered. If it is about keeping the peace in Europe I care about the vote, but if it is just about making the rich capitalists richer, I couldn't give a toss!

Is this another telephone scam ?

by the way - it's most on here

Quote Originally Posted by bevy121 View Post
    Is this another telephone scam ?

by the way - it's most on here
    Thanks Bev, you pointing that out cleared up the question to my satisfaction.

Here's Lord Michael Heseltine (opposition) addressing the Oxford Union

Heseltine on BREXIT

Another point of view, by and large I agree with.
    Last edited by WalOne; 16-06-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    Here's Lord Michael Heseltine (opposition) addressing the Oxford Union

Heseltine on BREXIT

Another point of view, by and large I agree with.
    One of natures Bureaucrats, a detestable lot to be sure.

Brexit is about England's independence.

Classic, they dictate how much suction a vacuum cleaner will have.

These faceless unelected cads are growing daily and must be stopped at all costs.