Default Saving photos received Windows Mail App

Does anyone know an easy way to save photos from Windows Mail App to a file in My Pictures? I did eventually go to web mail and save the one I wanted from there, just thought there must be a simpler way.
    I've tried left clicking. Left clicking and holding down. Right clicking. Practically standing on my head, muttering, sighing, yelling, all the usual things.

Thanks.

Default Re: Saving photos received Windows Mail App

Are you trying to save the photo from an attachment, or just one from the email message body?

LL
    _____Nothing is hidden that cannot be revealed______

While in the mail app, if the email has a paperclip icon top right
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mail App.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	7253

Simply click the actual mail on the left display /reading pane, it will appear on the right window, you can then right click the preview picture / Save or click it and it will open in the default Picture viewer, then click save (top Right hand corner) It should open a save window, navigate to where you want it saved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Save.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	7254

LL, at first I couldn't see anywhere that it was an attachment and thought it was in the email body. I didn't see the usual paper clip symbol until I looked in webmail. In the Windows Mail App I clicked on anything and everything, without success.

Thanks for the two attachments and advice. wainuttech. I thought I had already changed things because of the imminent Windows Live Mail 2012 changes, I followed it up today and have been finding out changes bit by bit. No doubt there will be more learning to come!

Cheers, Marnie

Quote Originally Posted by Marnie View Post
    LL, at first I couldn't see anywhere that it was an attachment and thought it was in the email body. I didn't see the usual paper clip symbol until I looked in webmail. In the Windows Mail App I clicked on anything and everything, without success.

Thanks for the two attachments and advice. wainuttech. I thought I had already changed things because of the imminent Windows Live Mail 2012 changes, I followed it up today and have been finding out changes bit by bit. No doubt there will be more learning to come!

Cheers, Marnie
    "Windows Mail" came with Vista OS. "Windows Live Mail" is part of "Windows Essentials" which you download from Microsoft. The Windows Mail App comes with Windows 8 and 10, all being quite different.

LL
    _____Nothing is hidden that cannot be revealed______

Quote Originally Posted by lakewoodlady View Post
    "Windows Mail" came with Vista OS. "Windows Live Mail" is part of "Windows Essentials" which you download from Microsoft. The Windows Mail App comes with Windows 8 and 10, all being quite different.

LL
    Thanks for that LL. My husband uses Win 10 on one computer and Win 7 on another. For some reason he was able to upgrade one computer to W10 but not the other. I'm still on W 8.1 on one of mine. I always liked Windows Live Mail as it was...but with the changes as at end of June I had decided to see what their suggested system would be like.