Default Looking for a new case for current PC

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a new case for my current PC. I have an Extended ATX board (ROG Maximus 4) and an Asus OC DCUII 770 GPU and a Hyper 212 Evo CPU heatsink - and 1 each of SSD and HDD.
    I currently have a Cooler Master Haf X which is massive, heavy, and kinda annoying (I got it second hand for free). So basically I want to get a new case which will fit all my current parts, be lighter, and lower profile - however I would also like a clear side panel. 3 possibles that I'm currently looking at are:

Phanteks eclipse P400
    Corsair Carbide 400C
    Corsair Obsidian 750D (might be a bit big, not sure)

Does anyone have these cases and can tell me what they're like? Anyone have any other recommendations of cases that fit my requirements? Am I missing something and these cases won't fit my parts?

Thanks,

Skeptile

Default Re: Looking for a new case for current PC

Cases are too personal a thing to make recommendations.

The only thing people could comment on is size. Unless you have a very long GPU, a mid tower would be fine.
    What sort, what design etc is like art - everyone has different tastes.

I have a massive, heavy case - mainly cause I did have a super long GPU at the time, but I like the case.....can find no reason to change it now.
    Not like it gets moved around much anyway.
    wipe your paws.

search the internets for some reviews
    last 2 gamer cases I bought had some serious design issues : eg couldnt remove PSU unless CPU heatsink was removed, issues with very poor thought out HD rails (side of case pressed hard against HD connectors)

I hate screwless cases, such a stupid concept. If you are so hopeless that you dont own a screwdriver ...... The plastic bits instead of screws often dont work that well .
    Also , think about if you want a really quiet PC, or if fan noise doesnt bother you .
    Last edited by 1101; 17-05-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Yea I wasn't really asking what you guys thought of the cases exactly, more just making sure my parts would fit there - I think they should, but it's always good to get a second set of eyes looking at it. And also asking if you had seen any others that would fit what I'm after.

1101 is one of them screwless? I definitely don't want a screwless case... I also don't reeeeally want a "gamer" case - I am looking for a more low profile one.

Most new cases are so good nowadays I find I hard to really go wrong. As others have said, Make a list of what you like the look of the most and then from there see what suits your build and what doesn't.
    | Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz | Hyper 212 evo CPU cooler | Corsair vengance 12gb 1600Mhz | EVGA 1070 FTW | 60gb SSD + 500gb SSD + 2x WD black 1tb HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Corsair AX850w | Corsair 600t white |

I quite like inwin cases
    Corsair Carbide Series® 500R,Intel i5 2500k,P8Z77V-Pro, 12GB DDR-1333MHZ ram, Asus DVD writer, Radeon Sapphire r9 270X 3GB , Windows 8 -64 Bit