Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Windows 10 Network issues.

Hi, I'm experiencing some very weird issues with my HP Laptop running Windows 10. Over the last week it keeps losing it's network connection. Running the Windows network troubleshooter says that the winsock registry entries are missing. So I have used DISM to repair the core settings and it all works fine again for a while, usually about half a day but sometime less than an hour, and then the same thing happens again. I assumed it was related to a recent update from Microsoft so I turned off auto updates and uninstalled the latest system update but it's still happening. I even did a roll back to about a month ago when everything was fine but the problem is still there. When it fails it also seems to take down some or all of the other network devices. A simple reset sorts that out and then everything else can connect without issue.

In addition to the laptop that is giving trouble we have a D-Link Dual Band router/modem, 3 Android phones, iPhone 6, iPad, Android tablet, Philips Hue, HP Laserjet, D-Link AP, 2 Chromecasts, HP Laptop running Ubuntu, 2 DVRs, Qnap raid server, WD Stora, Sony Android TV, powerline adapter and a Wii console connected to our network and it all works fine until the Windows 10 Laptop loses its connection. It appears to be a Windows 10 software problem but I'm struggling to find any information about a recent issue or how to fix it permanently. Is anyone else having a similar issue? Anyone got any suggestions?

Older by the minute

Default Re: Windows 10 Network issues.

I've had similar problems connecting to sites such as NZ Herald (and others). Using troubleshooter, it tells me that some protocols are missing. Booting the router (Vodafone) sorts the problem for a day or two then it's back to the problem.

Was this laptop upgraded to W10? Try this
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-fix-no-...pgrade-1513654
    Last edited by feersumendjinn; 20-03-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

--------------------------
    "After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch."

There were some updates that came though a short while back that screwed up some winsocks on W10.

Try this fix, If it doesn't fix the problem then its someplace else.

Open command Prompt / run as administrator,

Run the following commands ( in bold) in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:

•Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.

•Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.

•Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.

•Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

•Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

S h i t e, was this why I was told to hold off updating our replacement HP laptop !!!!!!!, from W8.1.

lurking.

Hmm, same problem here with 4 HP ProDesk600, brand new with W8.1Pro/Downgraded to 7Pro out of box. Installed Win 10 upgrade and shortly after, lost internet connection, even though the network icon shows it is connected. Can't access any web site or local LAN share by neither name nor IP. Tried all the netsh reset tricks, uninstalled and reinstalled various versions of HP/Intel NIC driver to no avail. Strangely if I do the netsh winsock reset, it allows TeamViewer and Chrome Remote Desktop to connect but nothing else works, I can log into from another PC to them via Chrome Remote Desktop but browsing does not work, it is extremely frustrating. Have rolled back to Win7 and back couple of times, uninstalled 'most' of the HP bloatware while in Win7 and then upgraded to 10 again. It worked briefly after a few reboots, the problem came back again. Argggh.

Also tried the Registry trick mentioned in feersumendjinn's post above with previous VPN settings, but there is no such key in these new PCs. Tried turning off Firewall and ESET, nothing fixes the problem

After upgrading to Windows 10, it will work for a unknown amount of time. Purposely restart/shutdown the PC a number of times, it continues to work and then mysteriously stops working after a reboot. The only things happened since completing the upgrade to Windows 10 if updated Spybot (it automatically force the install of new version post Win10 upgrade) and 3x Windows 10 updates ... KB3140741, KB3144756 and KB3106246. It doesn't seem to be related to either of these as the PCs continue to work after a number of reboots/shutdowns, then just decided to go weird.

The strange thing is that after the netsh resets, TeamViewer and Chrome Remote Desktop works, but none of the browsing or LAN SMB share access work. Pinging local LAN or web site names works fine, just can't browse to the internet with Chrome/Internet Explorer/Edge. Have reset all browser settings to no avail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Msg1.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	7056

Name:	msg2.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	7057

Name:	msg3.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	7058

Just noticed a weird update when trying uninstall the above updates, there is one not shown before and dated tomorrow (28/03/16) !

Name:	windows udpates.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	7060
    Last edited by Geek4414; 27-03-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Just rebooted PC and it appears to install some updates and that weird "future" one has now vanished, but still no internet browsing

Name:	update now gone.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	7061

Go into the Device Manager, open the network Connection / Driver-- See if the option to roll back to an earlier driver is available, if it is roll it back.

What build number are you using of W10 ? In other words is it a Insider build ?

I have already roll back to previous version. Actually after rolling back to Win7, then re-upgrade after doing most of the Win7 upgrade. This time around it installed a Jan 2016 driver. Will look again later when I near my PC. I have already tried no less than 4 different drivers.