Default Laptop battery issue

My partner has a hewlitt Packard 6730b laptop.

And for some reason the battery isn't charging properly its been plugged in and left to charge over two nights and it didn't charge. The following day my partner turned it on and it charged during the day the it just gave up. I got a new battery sent out to me yesterday thinking the other battery was stuffed but turns out the same issue is happening with the new battery its driving her mad have checked the settings and properties and according to the computer it says the device is working properly.

Please can somebody shed some light as to what might be wrong with it. I'm running windows 10 same thing happened with windows 7

Default Re: Laptop battery issue

Sorry don't understand what you mean speedy the laptop she has is a refurbished laptop she got last week.

Click on the link speedy posted, read the forum there where someone asked a similar question. That's why the text is blue - it's a link.
    They concluded it was probably a faulty AC adapter because it wouldn't power up the laptop with the battery removed. You could try the same steps as suggested in that forum.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

could be the charging circuit is faulty. Or the replacement batt is faulty.
    Does it run OK just off the power pack ?

refurbished = it used to have a fault , they fixed it & resold it. Could still have intermittent faults.
    Ive seen that even with manufacturer certified refurbished products .

refurbished also = clean the case, reload Win .

HP often have a self test/diag utility , you'll need to google how to get into it
    They will be a batt test in there, that will test the batt and a lower level without Win running

It all should still be under warranty anyway.

I received a new power adapter today and still the battery doesn't charge all I get is ( plugged in battery charging) and it's still at zero percent anybody else got any idea what I can do before I take it to the dr lol. Otherwise computer runs fine nothing else is wrong with it the battery is the only issue it has.

Quote Originally Posted by techman12 View Post
    I received a new power adapter today and still the battery doesn't charge all I get is ( plugged in battery charging) and it's still at zero percent anybody else got any idea what I can do before I take it to the dr lol. Otherwise computer runs fine nothing else is wrong with it the battery is the only issue it has.
    As long as the Adapter is the actual correct Voltage & Wattage, going by the previous comment
    the laptop she has is a refurbished laptop she got last week.
    Its faulty, should be replaced or fixed by the supplier, especially if its been like this since you brought it. Even refurbished Laptops should have a warranty, at least a month, unless its sold (and advertised) as either faulty or "as is".

Hi wainuitech yip the adapter is the correct voltage and it has a 3 month warranty on it so looks like it wil be a visit back to where I bought it.

Off topic ( kind of) If it were a Dell, then theres a good reason it wont charge.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 22-02-2016 at 05:21 PM.