Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huawei HG 695

Default Huawei HG 695

Hi guys,I have just got the above modem(a vodafone one,brand new) and wanted to try it out on my Telecom VDSL,but I am unable to get it to work.I have changed the user name and password in the modem to the same ones as my Telecom HG630B but I am unable to get ppp.Dsl is fine,just no authentication.Because it's a vodafone modem does that mean it won't work on the telecom network?Do they do something to stop it being used on other networks.I wouldn't have thought so but I'm stumped as to why it won't work.Any ideas?Thanks

Peter

Default Re: Huawei HG 695

Reset it to factory then set all parameters manually.
    wipe your paws.

That didn't seem to do anything.The only place to(on closer inspection)enter my info is in the settings for PPOE,not PPOA.It has a wizard but no place in it, to put my info in.Any more ideas.Thanks

A quick google search suggests that model is used by Spark & Vodafone.
    Have you tried just using the wizard for initial setup, just putting in your details as required.
    I'm assuming you have logged into it through your browser.

Have a read of this, see if its of any help https://community.vodafone.co.nz/t5/...SL/td-p/172701

have tried that Wainui,but the password supplied didn't work,even using the alternate one,being the last 8 digits of the serial number.If I use the setup wizard there is nowhere to put my details in.

Spark connections don't care about username/passwords. It should in theory work. You could flash the Spark firmware, but I don't think it will make a difference.

Hi, you could try a login and password of vodafone (note all lowercase). I came across this in an old user guide for this modem.
    If that does not work then try a hard reset on the modem by using a paperclip or similar in the reset hole at the back of the modem for at least 6 seconds (with the modem on)

As for setting up with Spark all you need to do is manually set as mentioned above for Vodafone and then Update the following

PPP Username: user@spark.co.nz
    PPP Password: password

I remember also using another PPP username, user@xtrabb.co.nz and PPP password as "password"

Just came across this from the Vodafone website
    In case other people are reading this and that page disappears....

"User: Vodafone
    Password: vodafone
    This is the default simple user access. provides the reduced functionality web pages

User: Admin
    Password: VF-NZhg659
    This is the good login. It can be used on either the web pages or via ssh into the router."

You will need the second login and password to make any meaningful changes so suggest you do a hard reset as mentioned previously

in gerneral
    Those ISP supplied routers are ~pre-hacked~ by the ISP. They have ISP's back door & the ISP's secret admin logon so the ISP can remote in & check things.
    Dont be surprised if it wont work with another ISP, it may have been pre-cobbled so it doesnt .

The are not the same as the NON isp supplied model.
    The firmware is different. Some things dont allways work with ISP routers: some port forwards wont work & DMZ may not forward all ports (on some models)

Try & flash it with NON ISP firmware at your own risk. Ive Bricked an ISP supplied brand name modem doing just that ( some years back).