Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Near Drummond, Southland
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: The top 10 biggest climate alarmist predictions gone spectacularly wrong:

    Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Hmmm, how does a population explosion relate to the burning of fossil fuels causing Climate Change.
    There is a correlation between population and carbon emission
    The more people there are on earth, the more coal, oil and gas is combusted to meet their energy needs.

    Pretty basic stuff to be unable to grasp there BM.

    https://www.wilsoncenter.org/publica...-gas-emissions

    There is a link to a .pdf on that page, it is couched in simple terms that even you should be able to understand.
    FTW

  2. #32
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    7,720

    Default Re: The top 10 biggest climate alarmist predictions gone spectacularly wrong:

    Of course, conveniently, no allowance has been made for how clean fossil fuels are to burn nowadays.

    Our Cars, Trucks, Trains, Ships don’t belch smoke and pollution like they used to owing to improved combustion systems and catalytic converters.

    Our Coal Fuelled Powers Stations and industries don’t belch smoke and pollution like they used to either, again because of better combustion methods and in some cases catalytic converters.

    So what you can see has improved, and what you can only measure hasn’t changed enough to be of any consequence.

    Beats me what all the fuss is about, but my best guess would be that the IPCC & NOAA see themselves as government financed religions.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    .
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

  3. #33
    Senior Member 1101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,037

    Default Re: The top 10 biggest climate alarmist predictions gone spectacularly wrong:

    Quote Originally Posted by KarameaDave View Post
    There is a correlation between population and carbon emission
    The more people there are on earth, the more coal, oil and gas is combusted to meet their energy needs.
    and add that humans have cut down much of the forests(ie carbon soaks) worldwide
    But what is the correlation between humans & global warming ? Im sure theres some, but is it any where near what the alarmists claim ? Is any human caused warming simply swamped by other causes/factors anyway ?

    They still dont really know exactly what caused the global ice ages, and took absolute guesses as what reversed them, ie just how did we get out of the frozen earth. Their best guess was volcanic activity.....really , ???? So in fact they have no real idea about any of this.

  4. #34
    Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Near Drummond, Southland
    Posts
    5,005

    Default Re: The top 10 biggest climate alarmist predictions gone spectacularly wrong:

    The burden of proof-David Mitchell
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI5ulKiZAoE

    Succinctly expresses why, you who deny the issue, should have to justify YOUR POSITION.
    FTW

  5. #35
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    7,720

    Default Re: The top 10 biggest climate alarmist predictions gone spectacularly wrong:

    Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    and add that humans have cut down much of the forests(ie carbon soaks) worldwide
    But what is the correlation between humans & global warming ? Im sure theres some, but is it any where near what the alarmists claim ? Is any human caused warming simply swamped by other causes/factors anyway ?

    They still dont really know exactly what caused the global ice ages, and took absolute guesses as what reversed them, ie just how did we get out of the frozen earth. Their best guess was volcanic activity.....really , ???? So in fact they have no real idea about any of this.
    You raise a good point 1101.

    What the hell caused the Global Warming/Climate Change that got us out of the Ice Ages?

    Well I know what it wasn’t.

    It wasn’t Motor Vehicles or Fossil Fuel Powered Industry and neither was it human population.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    .
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

  6. #36
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    7,720

    Default Re: The top 10 biggest climate alarmist predictions gone spectacularly wrong:

    Quote Originally Posted by KarameaDave View Post
    The burden of proof-David Mitchell
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI5ulKiZAoE

    Succinctly expresses why, you who deny the issue, should have to justify YOUR POSITION.
    Excellent link Dave which is a classic example of what I described in post #15.

    You change Global Warming, which can be argued, to Climate Change, which can’t be argued and then pass the onus of proof onto the defendant.

    Jeeez they’re a devious pack of buggers, especially when you consider the lies and fudged findings of Climategate.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    .
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Similar Threads

  1. Climate Change?
    By bluenose in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 27-11-2009, 02:06 PM
  2. Juha Saarinen predictions on Broadband
    By stu161204 in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-12-2006, 01:08 PM
  3. AB's vs Lions. 2nd Test predictions
    By Murray P in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 10:27 AM
  4. Good predictions
    By Cicero in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-12-2004, 09:21 AM
  5. OT - America's Cup Predictions
    By Lohsing in forum PressF1
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 09:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •