Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar

Default Re: It is a marvelous world that we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    pctek - he's calling you names!

Are you sure it's not you?

FTW

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Then please cough up at least one . Thats proof, not hearsay or coincidence . Actual proof.

There is just as much proof for God as there is not proof for God. There is not anyone who can say, with absolute certainty, how it all happened. It's an argument that will never be resolved, so why continue? Why can't we all just agree that it's a marvelous world that we live in and just appreciate it for what it is - marvelous.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    There is just as much proof for God as there is not proof for God. There is not anyone who can say, with absolute certainty, how it all happened. It's an argument that will never be resolved, so why continue? Why can't we all just agree that it's a marvelous world that we live in and just appreciate it for what it is - marvelous.
    10/10 Roscoe.
    Multiplayer games are the Shizz "Theres nothing like killing your mates!" Me

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Actually, theres no scientific proof for a GOD, zero.
    It all comes down to faith . And thats the best argument Ive heard(from a born again christian) for explaining belief in a GOD .

Faith in a god that says its OK to sell daughters into slavery, OK to watch on as millions are murdered in the space of a few years . So much for protecting the innocent .
    Not so marvelous for those suffering, starving etc.

But yep, these arguments will never be resolved & there will never be any agreement .
    Religion & politics eh

It's true that the existence of a creator can neither be proven or disproven. I guess for me I just get a little annoyed when people use their sense of wonder and amazement for the beauty and complexity of the universe as "evidence". It's a feeling nothing more. If it convinces you in a higher power great, just don't expect me to accept it as proof of anything.

What however can be disproven quite categorically are many of the stories and supposedly historically accurate accounts of many specific religions.

So I can't definitively say there is no God, only that I don't believe so. But I can absolutely backup my stance that all human religions are made up fairy stories at best. Most " Christians" as a point of interest can't even quote the 10 commandments and probably ignore some of them.

Sorry if I have been contributing to spinning this off into a religion vs science debate, but intentionally or not you started it with the wording of the first post.

Yes the world and indeed the universe is a wondrous place regardless of how it came to be.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Actually, theres no scientific proof for a GOD, zero.
    It all comes down to faith . And thats the best argument Ive heard(from a born again christian) for explaining belief in a GOD .

Faith in a god that says its OK to sell daughters into slavery, OK to watch on as millions are murdered in the space of a few years . So much for protecting the innocent .
    Not so marvelous for those suffering, starving etc.

But yep, these arguments will never be resolved & there will never be any agreement .
    Religion & politics eh
    you used the right word 1101 "scientific"

The good news is we will all find out the truth one day.
    Multiplayer games are the Shizz "Theres nothing like killing your mates!" Me

Quote Originally Posted by Gobe1 View Post
    you used the right word 1101 "scientific"
    And I'd argue that non scientific proof is not proof at all. You could remove the word from the sentence without really changing the meaning to me.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

An interesting take on the marvelous world we live in from an E-mail sent to me.

"As long as we insist on maintaining the "moral high ground", we will NEVER win the war on terrorism!
    We're in a conflict which we absolutely INSIST in playing by the rules - against a maniacal group who have NO rules!

Rattlesnake Logic in dealing with terrorists.

After the Boston bombing the news media spent days and weeks trying to determine why these men did what they did. They want to know what America did to make these brothers so angry with us.

They want to know why these men were not arrested before they did something so terrible.

The media is in a tizzy about this new era of homegrown radicals and about why and how they can live among us and still hate us.

A Texan explained it best:

Here in Texas, I have rattlesnakes on my place, living among us.

I have killed a rattlesnake on the front porch. I have killed a rattlesnake on the back porch. I have killed rattlesnakes in the barn, in the shop and on the driveway.

In fact, I kill every rattlesnake I encounter. I kill rattlesnakes because I know a rattlesnake will bite me and inject me with poison. I don't stop to wonder WHY a rattlesnake will bite me; I know it WILL bite me because it's a rattlesnake and that's what rattlesnakes do.

I don't try to reason with a rattlesnake or have a "meaningful dialogue" with it. I just kill it. I don't try to get to know the rattlesnake better so I can find a way to live with the rattlesnakes and convince them not to bite me. I just kill them.

I don't quiz a rattlesnake to see if I can find out where the other snakes are, because (a) it won't tell me and (b) I already know they live on my place. So, I just kill the rattlesnake and move on to the next one.

I don't look for ways I might be able to change the rattlesnake to a non-poisonous rat snake. I just kill it. Oh, and on occasion, I accidentally kill a rat snake because I thought it was a rattlesnake at the time.

Also, I know for every rattlesnake I kill, two more are lurking out there in the brush. In my lifetime I will never be able to rid my place of rattlesnakes.

Do I fear them? Not really. Do I respect what they can do to me and my family? Yes!

And because of that respect, I give them the fair justice they deserve. I kill them. As a country, we should start giving more thought to the fact that these jihadists are telling the world their goal is to kill Americans and destroy our way of life. We should believe them.

They have posted graphic videos on the Internet showing them beheading Americans. They are serious. They are exactly like rattlesnakes. It is high time for us to start acting accordingly!

I love this country. It's the government I'm afraid of! Why? Look who's new in the White House!

Arif Alikhan, Assistant Secretary for Policy Development for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Mohammed Elibiary, Homeland Security Adviser

Rashad Hussain, Special Envoy to the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC)

Salam al-Marayati, Obama adviser and founder of the Muslim Public Affairs Council and is its current executive director

Imam Mohamed Magid, Obama's Sharia Czar from the Islamic Society of North America

Eboo Patel, Advisory Council on Faith-Based Neighborhood Partnerships

This is flat-out scary! The foxes are now officially living in the hen house...

Now ask me why I am very concerned! Do you feel OK with this? How can this happen? - and when will we wake up?

We are quiet while our country is being drastically changed!"
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

There must be a turning point, they can't live in denial forever.!
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero

@BM

Sounds remarkably similar to the logic the grumpy Muslims have developed from dealing with Texans...