Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Default Re: Bamboo pillows - any good?

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Instead of adding in another post -- the bowling ball test ? Dont have a bowling ball, but I did throw a full fire extinguisher on a pillow with a raw egg in a plastic bag under it, and the egg was fine.
    I have to say that it is possible to do that with an ordinary pillow too, so long as the egg is end up.

And:
    http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7wox/sobakawa...illow-egg-test

"air beads", lol.

Anyway back to bambillos.....SIL has bad arthritis in her neck...and other bits but neck is a major issue lately.
    She has painkillers, nerve pain pills, all help to an extent but not totally.

A family member bought her one of the bambillos, and she reported to me that it didn't help at all and in fact she found it worse.
    To be fair, a tri-pillow wasn't any good either.

So it's not magic, may suit some, not others.
    Last edited by pctek; 09-02-2016 at 06:42 PM.
    wipe your paws.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Has anyone tried/bought/used one of the bamboo pillows that are being hawked around the malls? Are they any good?
    Hi, I haven't known about bamboo pillows. Great that you have mentioned it here. I made a research online and it is a comfortable pillow especially for those with allergies. I was very impressed with how others describe its quality and how soft they felt. By the way, I want to share this guide about Bamboo pillows that you may want to read: Best Bamboo Pillow Guide

Late Learner

Replacement pillow cases are available at 'Bed Bath & Beyond' I think that they were queen size pillow cases.

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    Replacement pillow cases are available at 'Bed Bath & Beyond' I think that they were queen size pillow cases.
    The mem sahib said she had tried there to know avail, so she is getting friend to make some!!??
    "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." Cicero

Personally ours have never been better, only time I don't get a good nights sleep is when SWMBO tosses and turns BUT heres the reason-- She has a badly injured shoulder, nothing to do with the pillow, she's uncomfortable most of the time at the moment, day and night, its aggravated when she lays down -- Told her she should be a horse, sleep standing up

Also mentioned in the Article
    a significant number who have found it aggravates their condition".
    So they have a pre existing problem ----- Hmmmmm Lets put the blame on something else instead of the actual problem.

In the ads, an egg is placed underneath the pillow while a bowling ball - which weighs the same as the average person's head - is dropped on top. The egg emerges unscathed, but when it's recreated it smashes.
    That's all bull anyway -- Who in there right mind would go thumping their head down on a pillow anyway - No one I know that's for sure.

Just looking at the Stuff Video, the pillow they show is very flat, ours is at least double that thickness.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 06-03-2016 at 10:17 AM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    That's actually very interesting, because I have in fact stopped using mine because I found I was waking up with a neck/shoulder ache and was working up to posting about it here.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    She has a badly injured shoulder, day and night, its aggravated when she lays down -- Told her she should be a horse, sleep standing up.
    That's not as much of a joke as you think.
    I damaged a nerve in mine and lying down sent the pain sky high.
    I spent a lot of time sitting on the couch napping.

Friend of mine has nerve damage in various places, it's her permanent life, she can't sit, lie,stand for any length of time so has to alternate all the time.
    Makes for broken sleep.....but at least she is managing with these methods.
    wipe your paws.

Quote Originally Posted by pctek View Post
    That's not as much of a joke as you think.
    I agree. Years ago I damaged my shoulder doing pectoral flys at the gym, and since then I have periods where I wake up and the shoulder is so painful I have to pull myself over with the opposite hand to lie on my back. Fortunately the pain disappears quickly at that point, and it also happens reasonably infrequently these days. It also taught me that exercising at the gym was to be avoided if at all possible.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

I had a shoulder injury a few months ago. I slept in my lazy-boy in the lounge till it got better. At least you do not aggravate the situation by rolling around.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i3 540 3.07GHz, 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Gigabyte H55-USB3, Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3300