Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior

Default Need App for Repeating Alerts and Longer ringtone on Android KitKat

I've bought a Sony Experia E4 to use mostly for texts and a few calls and because the Experia has a good size keyboard. The mobile is usually in the living/kitchen area, handbag, or somewhere in the car and I need an app which has longer ringtones than those installed in the phone and repeat alerts until eg texts are read. I want a basic 'ring ring' tone. I checked Zedge and also a Repeating Notifications app by Carl Reinke but agreeing to the various permissions allows them to use Contact information which I've tried to understand from various googles but it's too complicated. So, anyone know of a safe app which will do the job. thanks

pcsourcepoint

Default Re: Need App for Repeating Alerts and Longer ringtone on Android KitKat

Look for "Message alert repetition" under Settings (not the standard settings) in Messaging. Has repetition for my 4.2.2. Android. You could make your own longer ringtones in a free audio editor (e.g. wavepad or audacity) - maybe record a ringtone and add it/extend together a few times. You may be able to upload online to a free editor and extend it's length/duration.
    Last edited by kahawai chaser; 12-12-2015 at 01:35 PM.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

You dont need the Zen App to get the ringtones.

What you do is select one you like, right click it, save link as / Save as download and save the ringtone, they will be either .mp3 or .wav. Simple connect the phone to your computer, transfer teh ringtone to your Notification or music folder, then on the phone navigate and select the ringtone.

Some classic rings http://www.zedge.net/ringtones/0-5-2-classic ring Theres several pages of them.

Theres plenty of places that have ringtones you simply download and install as mentioned above.

Heres Mine http://www.samsungdownloads.net/download More than once been in a meeting someone being all serious and I forgot to put the phone on Silent - People start chuckling as I fumble to turn it off under the table LOL -- Wasn't mine

Even got a special one for SWMBO -- Didn't go down to well when she heard it

Most phones as kahawai chaser points out have ring options on length.

Senior

thanks kahawai. I cannot find a message or notification alert repetition, apparently it should be under Settings>Accessibility.

Open the messages app, tap the three dots at top right, tap settings in the menu that opens (scroll down), tap notifications, tap repeat msg alert, will only let you repeat it every 2 mins or 10 mins, but maybe that's what you're after.
    As suggested above, you could download longer tones or make your own to your requirements.
    Last edited by feersumendjinn; 12-12-2015 at 09:19 PM.
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

--------------------------
    "After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch."

Senior

Yes that's exactly what I am after feersumendjinn but the option isn't there. From the msg app settings>notifications I can check the following: Notify of new msgs in the status bar, Play a specific tone for msg notifications, Vibrate, Notification light and Delivery report.

That setting will be there just could be in a different place. On mine the Message alert repetition is not as suggested above (But is available) from the main screen-- Apps / Settings/My Device/Sound/Messages / Message alert repetition --- Select times, Never/ 2 minutes/10 minutes.

No three dots available. May depend on the OS version as to options.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 13-12-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Even better, if you want all notifications to remind you after a while, try this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....lightflowlite
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Senior

I'm new to android phones and to downloading apps and those suggested here and others I have looked at all have 'Contacts: Uses contact information' in the list of what the app has access to and I can't find what it actually means. Anyway all the ringtone/reminder type apps seem require it so am thinking it must be ok. Miffed that my phone doesn't have it's own repeat alert option tho', seems basic to me. Thanks everyone