Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)

Unhappy Continual problem in installing Windows Update KB3105216 for Windows 8.1

I have downloaded Windows Update KB3105216 for Windows 8.1 (x64). Had to download it manually as Windows Update would not install three critical updates, so I decided to concentrate on the first one. Having successfully downloaded it I have had a number of attempts to install, but it keeps failing, with no info given. Rebooting has not helped. Only 40% of the solid state drive (128 Gigs for Windows and programs) is in use, so not a problem with space. (Have run Superantispyware).

Have Googled but no-one seems to be having problems with this update.

Help please !!
    Affinity Photo 1.8.5 (marvellous)
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    AZZ Cardfile
    Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz 32 C
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

Default Re: Continual problem in installing Windows Update KB3105216 for Windows 8.1

Thought I would run Belarc Advisor to see the status of updates. It said that I did not have Update KB3004365. Downloaded that and it will not install either. Peculiar ..........
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    AZZ Cardfile

Default Re: Continual problem in installing Windows Update KB3105216 for Windows 8.1

This update may have been responsible for my non boot problems 2 days ago https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=KB...oting+problems

Had to restore from a earlier image,ATM that update has not reappeared yet and I will defer updates till it's sorted(if it's my problem)

To add Have Win10, update also for 8.0/8.1
    Last edited by Lawrence; 24-10-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Hmm, Lawrence. The link does not seem to be to anything specific. I did read the first possibility on the options, but it did not give any insight. Seems you are saying that your problem appreciably different.
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    AZZ Cardfile

I wouldn't force the issue. If Windows doesn't want it there may be some very good reason, maybe a crook update. Just leave it be!

What I want to do very soon, mzee, is to upgrade the machine to Windows 10. As I understand it, all updates for Windows 8 must be installed before I can do this. It is not just this one update which refuses, but also two others - so don't think it is a crook update. Since last posting I have run as Administrator; tried installing without anti-virus; run Troubleshooter which fixed too corrupt files. Also have tried one other thing from the Command prompt.
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    AZZ Cardfile

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    What I want to do very soon, mzee, is to upgrade the machine to Windows 10. As I understand it, all updates for Windows 8 must be installed before I can do this. It is not just this one update which refuses, but also two others - so don't think it is a crook update. Since last posting I have run as Administrator; tried installing without anti-virus; run Troubleshooter which fixed too corrupt files. Also have tried one other thing from the Command prompt.
    I have upgraded three computers, 2 from W7 & 1 from W8.1. None of them were updated as I very seldom do updates. The required updates were done during installation with no input from me. As soon as the Windows 10 settled down and everything working I disabled Windows Updates and Microsoft P to P. All three are performing well. You can also do a clean install if you prefer.

Don't worry about those 8.1 updates. Just upgrade to win 10 as win 10 completely zaps the older OS.