Default 10.4 Server Image SOS

Hi All, long time no chat

Mods, Sorry if you're going to crucify me for posting this but I'm desperate

I need an OS X 10.4.7 (or higher) Universal Server Image ASAP- An XServe HD crashed and the Install DVD I have, the data layer has peeled away from the plastic and its cafooked.
    If anyone could help it would be much, much appreciated- I can't find the damn thing anywhere and don't have time to wait the week that Apple Support will take to send it, or for one to arrive from Amazon.

(It's an internal network, special conditions, not connected to the internet for everyone who is about to say wtfshit).

Thanks!

Default Re: 10.4 Server Image SOS

I like this guy's request. I sure hope someone more knowledgable than me can assist him, despite the fact that he's a strange individual.QUOTE=baabits;1233151]Hi All, long time no chat

Mods, Sorry if you're going to crucify me for posting this but I'm desperate

I need an OS X 10.4.7 (or higher) Universal Server Image ASAP- An XServe HD crashed and the Install DVD I have, the data layer has peeled away from the plastic and its cafooked.
    If anyone could help it would be much, much appreciated- I can't find the damn thing anywhere and don't have time to wait the week that Apple Support will take to send it, or for one to arrive from Amazon.

(It's an internal network, special conditions, not connected to the internet for everyone who is about to say wtfshit).

Thanks!
    Bugger the cancer. I'm suffering from terminal inertia.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I like this guy's request. I sure hope someone more knowledgeable than me can assist him, despite the fact that he's a strange individual.QUOTE=baabits;1233151]Hi All, long time no chat
    Lol, a strange individual? I'm actually from Napier, working in Hong Kong now.

I have a client who runs XGrid for a research grid- Unfortunately the 40+ XServes are all running 10.4 Tiger (more than ten years old now). When they hired me, they specifically said that my job is to maintain it and only to maintain it.

It was a late night trying to hunt down a copy of OS X 10.4 Server with no success, besides a torrent that's downloading at 20kb/sec over a gigabit connection. *Need a miracle now*

Pretends to know things

I'd contact Apple support. If memory serves me correctly 10.4 used to be on ADC for download but it isn't there anymore. Assuming they still have it on a server somewhere they might be able to link you to it.