Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: AND this is why so many NZ inventers go overseas

Quote Originally Posted by icow View Post
    Why don't you address the actual criticism in stuffed's post as opposed to attacking a statement which should be given the benefit of the doubt anyway?
    Errrr I did, A NZ foundry who made the product simply ****ed up the pricing, and now thats its a far bigger job ( bet they thought it would be a fly by night product) All of a sudden they want to charge more because they made the mistake in the first place. it was agreed to a 10% increase, not a 65% they want.

As for Stuff making the comment -- As i commented, its a Nice political answer - says nothing really, doesn't say what the items are.

Theres one thing that happens a lot here, someone makes a comment on something and when asked / questioned or supply a reference (link) to said comment they cant, or they contradict them selves.
    Eg:
    Total rubbish about NZ inventors going overseas.
    Another invention he sold the company that held the IP to Intel.
    I doubt the Company that holds the IP for Intel is based in NZ ?

The overseas market is way bigger than anything in NZ, and sometimes NZ businesses simply cant handle it, where as Overseas can. Old story - go where the money is.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 21-09-2015 at 08:15 AM.

The other thing about startups in NZ when they start doing good they sell out, take the money and run. The main exception to this has been Xero who i though would have sold out when the share price was way up..
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

An old sod

Err - some posters have to find a negative view. The "professional" inventor has created 100+ jobs in NZ and about the same number in 5 other countries. Two factories and a huge software and marketing operation right here in NZ.
    "a few lines of computer code" dear OP is used about 20 Billion times annually from one of his first inventions - and managed right here in NZ.
    And no he will not be named on here or the products but there are many million dollars being injected into our economy from overseas.
    "Why work on Wednesday and stuff up two good long weekends"
    W10 Home 64-bit,Intel Core i7 @ 3.20GHz,RAM 16GB, ROG STRIX B360-I GAMING (LGA1151),PHL 257E7 (1920x1080@60Hz),4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (EVGA), 1TB SSD, 4TB HDD, 4TB USB SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffed View Post
    Err - some posters have to find a negative view. The "professional" inventor has created 100+ jobs in NZ and about the same number in 5 other countries. Two factories and a huge software and marketing operation right here in NZ.
    "a few lines of computer code" dear OP is used about 20 Billion times annually from one of his first inventions - and managed right here in NZ.
    And no he will not be named on here or the products but there are many million dollars being injected into our economy from overseas.
    NOW was that so hard to write ?? I was simply curious as to what was invented, ( nothing more) instead of originally replying with a political answer that says nothing, the one above would have been much better.

Side note:
    To Many people say things that can be easily caught out if questioned , requesting more information. Theres another forum I go to, one guy tried some good BS, and was ridiculed by many members He hasn't been back since.

The "professional" inventor has created 100+ jobs in NZ
    "a few lines of computer code" dear OP is used about 20 Billion times annually from one of his first inventions
    And no he will not be named on here or the products .
    Why?
    That's great, should more like that, so why so secret?
    wipe your paws.

Pretends to know things

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Errrr I did, A NZ foundry who made the product simply ****ed up the pricing, and now thats its a far bigger job ( bet they thought it would be a fly by night product) All of a sudden they want to charge more because they made the mistake in the first place. it was agreed to a 10% increase, not a 65% they want.
    No you didn't. Your post reads as follows:

AND this is why so many NZ inventers go overseas
    Typical New Zealand GREED -- Thats all it is.
    Suffed's criticism is in regards to that blanket statement:

Total rubbish about NZ inventors going overseas. Sure they make get their products or components from overseas but the NZ economic and technical environment is perfect for them.

Quote Originally Posted by plod View Post
    She would have better selling the rights and have a royalty payments
    I agree, but it is probably quite hard to find such a company one coudl work with and trust.

As I said above, it is not only hard (expensive) to get a product manufactured in NZ (wages, acc, regulations etc) it is also expensive to freight something heavy overseas to the big markets

But good on the girl.
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

No you didn't. Your post reads as follows:

Suffed's criticism is in regards to that blanket statement:
    Are you having a bad day ? or just trying to again be a smart bugger and cant offer any real offerings apart from trying to pick others apart like a high percentage of your posts are.

Stuffed replied, and its fine - all you are doing is trolling.

Pretends to know things

When you post something like "AND this is why so many NZ inventers go overseas" you realise the burden of proof is on you to back that up right?

When you post something like "AND this is why so many NZ inventers go overseas" you realise the burden of proof is on you to back that up right?
    I dont need to prove anything - The article says she had to go overseas Hardly my fault if you to stupid to actually read the whole article and understand it. If I had said ALL NZ inventors, then sure, BUT I didn't. Dont going trying to be a smart arse and add in whats not written.

So since you want to play silly games --- YOU prove that ALL NZ inventors can invent things and ALL are manufactured / Distributed in NZ.

Since you want to play sillies-- EVERY post you make - hows about I come on and ask for proof of what ever is written ?

Your Avatar wording really does say it all
    Pretends to know things