Default Windows 10 mouse freezing intermittently

Hi people, I haven't been on here for quite some time.

I'm having an issue with my PC since upgrading to Windows 10 and I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

I have 2 computers that are running Windows 10 x64 and using the same mouse - a Logitech G700s. I vaguely recall having this issue a long time ago but can't remember how it was resolved.

The issue I'm having is that my mouse will become unresponsive for approximately 1 second at random intervals. I have disabled everything that isn't needed at startup which solves the problem for a while but the problem will come back without warning. Sometimes I can go for days with no issue, other times the problem will come back shortly after rebooting. It isn't very frequent but it is frequent enough to drive me up the wall. The problem only started after my most recent install of Windows 10 x64 on this one computer I have (clean install). The other machine has no problem and I had no issues after the first upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10. The two machines are running almost the same software suite.

Hardware (problem PC):
    Intel i7 5960X
    Asus Rampage V Extreme
    32GB Ram
    nVidia 980Ti SLI
    Soundblaster Zx

Hardware (no problem):
    Intel i5 4590
    Asus Maximus VI Gene
    8GB Ram
    AMD Radeon R9 270X

Any ideas about what to investigate will be greatly appreaciated. I have tried killing tasks in task manager but nothing I kill seems to make the issue go away and it is difficult to test because of how infrequent it is.

Default Re: Windows 10 mouse freezing intermittently

Sure it's windows? I have the same mouse and sometimes the battery is a bit loose and the mouse stops working. Could be because I swap it for a charged one sometimes.
    I find I rarely unplug the charging cable these days, makes the wireless part largely pointless. Oh well.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Does the issue occur in safe mode?
    Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

1st step : use a USB mouse, see if issue persists
    or : next time it happens, see if the keyboard is responsive : push the Win (flag) key

manually disable all power save/sleep/hybernation , especially power save options on the USB (both in device manger & power options)