Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Put Some Pork On Your Fork

I knew that you would all agree with the following:

Let's hear it for a Quebec mayor...
    "PUT SOME PORK ON YOUR FORK"
    A commercial promoting pork says: "PUT SOME PORK ON YOUR FORK"

The MAYOR REFUSES TO REMOVE PORK FROM SCHOOL CAFETERIA MENU and EXPLAINS WHY:

Muslim parents demanded the abolition of pork in all the school canteens of a Montreal suburb.
    The mayor of the Montreal suburb of Dorval has refused, and the town clerk sent a note to all parents to explain why.
    "Muslims must understand that they have to adapt to Canada and Quebec, its customs, its traditions, and its way of life, because that's where they chose to immigrate.
    "Muslims must understand that they have to integrate and learn to live in Quebec. "They must understand that it is for them to change their lifestyle, not the Canadians who, so generously, welcomed them.
    "Muslims must understand that Canadians are neither racist nor xenophobic. Canada accepted many immigrants before Muslims showed up (whereas the reverse is not true, in that Muslim states do not accept non-Muslim immigrants)."
    "Just like other nations, Canadians are not willing to give up their identity or their culture.
    "And, if Canada is a land of welcome, it's not the Mayor of Dorval who welcomes foreigners, but the Canadian-Quebecois people as a whole.
    "Finally, they must understand that in Canada (Quebec) with its Judeo-Christian roots, Christmas trees, churches and religious festivals, religion must remain in the private domain."

The municipality of Dorval was right to refuse any concessions to Islam and Sharia.

"For Muslims who disagree with secularism and do not feel comfortable in Canada, there are 57 beautiful Muslim countries in the world, most of them under-populated and ready to receive them with open halal arms in accordance with Sharia.
    "If you left your country for Canada, and not for other Muslim countries, it is because you have considered that life is better in Canada than elsewhere. We will not let you drag Canada down to the level of those 57 countries."
    "Ask yourself this question - just once: "Why is it better here in Canada than where you come from?" "A canteen with pork on the menu is part of the answer."
    If you came to Canada with the idea that you will displace us with your prolific propagation and eventually take over the country, you should pack up and go back to the country you came from. We have no room here for you and your ideology.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Default Re: Put Some Pork On Your Fork

They don't have to eat the pork.....but banning it outright? Ridiculous.
    Mmmm....bacon....
    wipe your paws.

Yummmmm.....crackling....

pcsourcepoint

But then does not the animal/meat need be blessed or prepared according to religious beliefs anyway?. Their world should not be imposed on their host country. They could establish their own schools - but perhaps monitored.. I suppose then they don't eat sardines and maple syrup - some of the world's best from Canada...

Many immigrants should be grateful, as many countries - including ours - are becoming open door to allow them flood in. Germany case in point. As Wintson Peters says - they should "fit in - and get with it" for NZ immigrants.
    Last edited by kahawai chaser; 12-09-2015 at 01:30 PM.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

Very refreshing to see a 'host' country sticking up for their traditions. If the immigrants don't like it they can leave at any time.

Still on the subject of Pork. I was talking with a Thai lady yesterday, and she was telling me that we shouldn't eat meat because the animals have to be killed. I pointed out that if we didn't eat meat there wouldn't be any domesticated animals. In this country the only pigs existing would be wild ones, and because they have no predators in NZ they would overrun the place causing no end of damage. So, by eating meat we are preserving the species and the environment!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/belgiumpork.asp
    A variant of this item shifted the locale from Belgium to Quebec, Canada.

Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by mzee View Post
    Very refreshing to see a 'host' country sticking up for their traditions. If the immigrants don't like it they can leave at any time.
    It's a shame we can't do the same here, peanut butter been banned at some schools
    samsung, discovering a new galaxy every month

Pretends to know things

Good, no government should be in the business of appeasing religions anyway.

Well, if this actually happened: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/dorval-ma...teens.shtml#da & http://www.truthorfiction.com/quebec-mayor-pork/
    Last edited by icow; 12-09-2015 at 05:00 PM.

I like the thinking who’s ever it was.

I also like Canada’s thinking for kicking the Global Warming/Climate Change - Gravy Train/Rort into touch.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

I take no responsibility for the accuracy of any media links I quote.