Default Transferring Windows Pro license

I've finally decided which laptop I'm going to upgrade to (took me long enough I know!)

On my current Laptop, I bought the student upgrade to the Pro version of Windows (https://tinyurl.com/ou4ctzs). When I get the new one, is it possible to transfer the upgrade across, so my current laptop reverts to home premium, and the new one gets the pro upgrade I bought?

Pretends to know things

Default Re: Transferring Windows Pro license

Removing Pro from your old laptop: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...42d72a7?auth=1

You'll need to call Microsoft when to do a phone activation when you go to use the upgrade key again (at least that's my understanding).

Worth noting that you may be entitled to a free copy of whatever version of Windows you want once at University via MSDNAA depending on the papers your taking and the agreement your university has with Microsoft. If this is the case transferring the upgrade seems like more hassle than it's worth.

New one will most likely have Win 10 on it.
    Trust me. I know what I'm doing.Sledge Hammer

Linux the only way to get rid of the windows boot sector virus ( Geoff Palmer , Jun 28, 2004 Tips & Help : Tux Love, PCWorld NZ)

Parkinsons NZ

Quote Originally Posted by icow View Post
    Removing Pro from your old laptop: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...42d72a7?auth=1

You'll need to call Microsoft when to do a phone activation when you go to use the upgrade key again (at least that's my understanding).

Worth noting that you may be entitled to a free copy of whatever version of Windows you want once at University via MSDNAA depending on the papers your taking and the agreement your university has with Microsoft. If this is the case transferring the upgrade seems like more hassle than it's worth.
    Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by beama View Post
    New one will most likely have Win 10 on it.
    Most likely, but 8.1 pro got a free update to 10 pro, it was only the enterprise editions that didn't.