Default Chrome search anomaly

Team Viewed into my sister's 8.1 laptop this morning and she showed me a weird Chrome problem that I can't replicate or see any relevant settings for.

If you start typing a search into the std URL address space you get the 5-6 suggestions in a dropdown box. So far so good. But if you move the mouse pointer down into that dropdown box you can get a large amount of web page stuff trying to display itself in that limited dropdown box, resulting in a very hard to read vertically compressed wodge (techno term!) of page content. The box has a vertical scroll bar added as well.

It's like it has abandoned the normal display window and chucked everything into the limited dropdown window/box.

Hope I have explained it well enough, but I am guessing I will be lucky if you guys have an answer!

There is always the Chrome reset option, of course. Presume it leaves bookmarks and other vitals intact? As you can tell, I have never had to reset my Chrome!!

Where is Metla these days Chilling_Silence's Avatar

Default Re: Chrome search anomaly

Any chance of a screenshot? I'm curious to see what it looks like!
    I mostly do Bitcoin & DigiByte things these days, feel free to say hi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dgb_chilling

Before you ask a question here, or before you get upset by a response, see here:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

Yes, I'll try for a remote screenshot. It was quite fascinating/weird and I am not really expecting anyone to have an answer but thought I would try!

pcsourcepoint

I think web page previews are loading from chrome omnibar for certain keywords. Lately Google have been displaying instant answers but usually in the web results (known as the serps) for certain search terms. It seems to crossed over to the autocomplete box. However web previews can sometimes occur in mobile devices (phones, tablets).

Resaons I can thnink off are -

- Keyboard short cut has been triggered inadvertently. There are are a few but usually for advanced searches.
    - The search string (url parameter has been altered). Perhaps compare with yours for the same keyword searches. right click the url bar to jump to edit search engines. Then click on Google (assume being default) to view/compare it's search string.
    - A extension (or remnents) is interfering.

You could try removing individual auto complete terms, re-search that deleted term/keyword and see any changes. The urls are stored locally in the usersname data- chrome default keyword file. Requires a sql browser/editor to view and evaluate. Not suggesting to do that unless you want to research further.
    Last edited by kahawai chaser; 22-04-2015 at 12:03 PM.
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

OK, trying for a screen image!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LesChrome.png.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	6404