Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Default Re: iPad Mini 2 vs Surface 2 vs Nexus 7 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sahilcc7 View Post
    Kinda unrelated/off topic, but...

After being at University for a few weeks, I've found that the best device you can get is the Surface Pro 3. Perfect for lectures, the stylus is super handy - you don't even need to spend $$ on coursebooks, you just download the PDF's and take notes on the tablet itself. It replaces your laptop and is a tablet at the same time. Pretty much every single thing you need to do can be done on the SP3. I currently only have a desktop, but next year, if need be, I'll probably pick up an SP3 or maybe SP4 by then.
    Yes, the SurfacePro3 is a vast improvement over the SP1 and SP2, although it's much much more pricier than any of the other tablets, and you really need to get the "optional" type cover to take full advantage of the 2-in-1 functions. it is worth it for the fact that you can combine everything into one device (except your phone). You can even run lots of Android apps using BlueStacks as well. It appears the SP3 is extremely popular with college students in the USA, quite a few people have dumped their laptop+ipad combo for it. In fact, you can replace your desktop as well with the docking station, it is one of the easiest dock to dock/undock as well. There is basically no other product that does everything like the SP3 does. HP just came out with a clone of the SP3, but it's an ugly mess.

Just saw on JB's web site, the SP3 i5,4GB, 128GB SSD is $998! That's actually quite cheap, think normal price is $1449

Have a read of this review and read all the comments .... http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...1249750/review

"At any rate, this version of the tablet comes in cheaper than the most affordable iPad Air and 13-inch MacBook Air combined, even with the Type Cover, and that's the point. On paper, this slate is more powerful than either Apple device, not to mention most other comparably priced laptops and tablets. The Surface Pro 3 might not be perfect, but it's far and wide the brightest shining example of a potential tablet takeover."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SurfacePro Comments 01.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	6285   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SurfacePro Comment.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	6286  

Oops ... My Bad, just realised the link I post was in fact for a SurfacePro2 and not SP3, that's why it's so much cheaper ...

"Just saw on JB's web site, the SP3 i5,4GB, 128GB SSD is $998! That's actually quite cheap, think normal price is $1449"

Pretends to know things

Quote Originally Posted by sahilcc7 View Post
    Kinda unrelated/off topic, but...

After being at University for a few weeks, I've found that the best device you can get is an exercise/lecture book
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by icow View Post
    FTFY
    I never used mine
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

Twitter

Pretends to know things

I'm sure I more than made up for you then