Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry One law for "them" one law for everyone else

Guess it pays to be one of THEM, then you can more or less forget about laws that everyone else has to abide by

discharged-without-conviction-for-drink-driving-offence

Default Re: One law for "them" one law for everyone else

Driving the morning after a night of drinking can be a trap and you may find that you still have enough alcohol in your system to put you over the limit. If He had been over 20 he would have been within the limit (he was 19 years old).

He must of had a good lawyer.

Li's manager Bruce Sharrock said the experience had been a learning curve for Li who had "done all the right things" after a night of drinking, including getting some sleep before driving home at 6am.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i3 540 3.07GHz, 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Gigabyte H55-USB3, Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3300

Today Judge Andree Wiltens described Li as having a "stellar" career that could eventually lead to place in the All Blacks.
    Well of course, a free pass for a superstar in the making ...

Yep, and that guy who interfered with his daughter "made people laugh".

It seems that it your a sports person or entertainer you can get off anything if it means that a conviction will not allow you to do international travel..
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Really a non issue....
    If he was 20 he wont have even been charged ......
    we are talking approx 1/2 the adult limit. hes not getting away with murder.
    In fact, if he wasnt a sports star, it wouldnt have made the news.
    There are other, non celebs that escape minor convictions for similar reasons. We just never here about
    them.

"a blood test which revealed he had a reading of 45 milligrams per 100 millilitres of blood.
    The adult limit then was 80mg, but as a driver under the age of 20 it was zero."

What's always irritated me about the add campaign telling you that you can still be over the limit the next morning is they don't bother giving any useful information about how long you need to wait to be safe. Sure it won't be the same for everyone but they could at least give us a ballpark, 8 hours?, 12?, 18?, more? how long is long enough to be completely safe. Playing around on here http://www.countcalculate.com/body/s...umption/result it seems like a heavy night could have you over the limit for close to 24 hours.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    It seems that it you're a sports person or entertainer you can get off anything if it means that a conviction will not allow you to do international travel..
    I can see where the Judge is coming from, but I can't agree with him. A conviction can mean refusal by foreign authorities to enter that country. If you take into account that being at the end of the world as we are, for any Kiwi whose future professional betterment lies out of NZ, then that is a restriction with implications far in excess of the original punitive measure.

Having said that, if you're "any Kiwi whose future professional betterment lies out of NZ", I'd say keep your nose clean, don't be an ass and think of what the ramifications could mean if you're caught. Wasn't one of the Beetles refused entry to the US for decades for possession of a minimal amount of weed? Life still went on.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    What's always irritated me about the add campaign telling you that you can still be over the limit the next morning is they don't bother giving any useful information about how long you need to wait to be safe..
    That would be opening up a can of worms they dont want to get into. Measure bodyweight, access how much they drank the night before,when they started & stopped drinking, how much they had eaten the night before, factor in metabolism etc .

Just assume there is no 'safe' the next day , if youve been out drinking .

but .... but .... he's a RUGBY player .... that makes him IMPORTANT ....not like you or me. I want those who charged him locked up!
    ' The Ghost of Tom Joad '

Today Judge Andree Wiltens described Li as having a "stellar" career that could eventually lead to place in the All Blacks.

Maybe he might end up playing ball for another yteam.
    ...and?
    This annoys me a lot, this obsession with people who play with balls........so what. Hardly important work, life saving work, life changing work, improve the world work.

Just another teen DF joining the pissheads ball club.
    wipe your paws.