Page 327 of 328 FirstFirst ... 320321322323324325326327328 LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 3274

Default Re: Windows 11 Latest Tech Preview

Preview Build 22579 downloading now. It has actually been out for a couple of days. Have we all lost our enthusiasm?
    Here is what is happening:
    https://blogs.windows.com/windows-in...w-build-22579/
    We are all but temporary files on the great flash drive of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Preview Build 22579 downloading now. It has actually been out for a couple of days. Have we all lost our enthusiasm?
    Here is what is happening:
    https://blogs.windows.com/windows-in...w-build-22579/
    The lack of "Enthusiasm" -- Nope not really ( well here anyway) The main thing is they are really only doing minor tweaks it seems, not exactly much new.

I used to be onto it always, BUT after they decided that the Computers were to old and outdated hardware -- (Yeah right) The only way I can now do Insiders is on a VM. NOT going to use "Work related Computers" For testing.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    The lack of "Enthusiasm" -- Nope not really ( well here anyway) The main thing is they are really only doing minor tweaks it seems, not exactly much new.

I used to be onto it always, BUT after they decided that the Computers were to old and outdated hardware -- (Yeah right) The only way I can now do Insiders is on a VM. NOT going to use "Work related Computers" For testing.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head. There is certainly not the thrill of seeing totally new stuff or knowing the whole PC might collapse in front of you. The hardware requirements don't help, although since the great meltdown I do have one PC that meets the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I think you've hit the nail on the head. There is certainly not the thrill of seeing totally new stuff or knowing the whole PC might collapse in front of you. The hardware requirements don't help, although since the great meltdown I do have one PC that meets the requirements.
    Well here's a turn up for the books In the link you can download the ISO - So, used RUFUS to create a bootable USB, selected the NON TPM etc option and bugger me its installed on a older machine no problem, yet getting the previous ISO didn't work. Maybe RUFUS has gotten better ??

Any hows, its installed fine working sweet as AND added bonus, under the Sign in Options ( when it asks for an account) theres the Offline Account Option Sweet, no sign in, no Password required.

So going for the moment, did sign into the insider again ( program only not the Whole PC)

Yeah yeah right oh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-20 120035.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	11281
    Last edited by wainuitech; 20-03-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Preview Build 22581 came down the wire yesterday, but I've only just got round to posting.
    This build is actually being released to the beta channel as well, and you are given the chance to do a shift to the beta channel if you want. They say that eventually that window () will close and after that if you want to change to beta you will have to do a fresh clean install.
    I'm guessing the dev channel is going to become more experimental and unreliable so they are giving people the chance to get out while they have the chance. I'm actually thinking of doing that myself.

Yeah, may have to consider what Channel as well. since the only computer That I got a insider on officially cant run it, its uncertain if any problems are the alterations OR the fact its not really meant to run on it ??

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Yeah, may have to consider what Channel as well. since the only computer That I got a insider on officially cant run it, its uncertain if any problems are the alterations OR the fact its not really meant to run on it ??
    Living on the edge, baby! (or Firefox in my case.)

Just read the Blog, Explains it quite well
    The Dev Channel will be a place where we will try out different concepts, incubate new ideas, and work on long lead items that may not get released to general customers. The Beta Channel will be the place we preview experiences that are closer to what we will ship to our general customers. However, this does not mean every feature we try out in the Beta Channel will ship.
    Personally use these as a learning tool so when what ever is released to the general know whats changed and can work without having to go looking ( well mostly) anyway

Do like the new folder options in the Pinned Start Menu.

I've done it. I've shifted to the Beta channel, so it's no more dodgy Dev builds from now on. I'll miss the excitement, but since I lost my WHS machine I need a more stable platform available as a secondary device.

Well that was fun -- NOT The update was there to 22581, all went well till it had top reboot --OOPS lost the boot manager (this Computer for some reason has a habit of doing that on any OS if you disconnect the drive -- Its weird. ) - rebuilt it booted fine - Then saw it hadn't upgraded.

Second go now --- Did change to Beta as well.