Page 311 of 323 FirstFirst ... 304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3224

Default Re: Windows 11 Latest Tech Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I just read about Stardock Start1 as well1, and it definitely looks like it is worth checking out.
    They can keep it thanks The 1st page showing screen shots

Return your Start menu to the left side of your screen.
    Errrrrrr That's already in the setting, you can have the start menu center or left.

The rest of the screen shots look like a mish-mash of W7 and W10

Thanks but no thanks.

I just read about Stardock Start1 as well1, and it definitely looks like it is worth checking out.
    If you feel the need to install stardock, then I think MS has honestly lost the plot with 11 .
    "you get this" rather than "what do you want " . Same attitude that made Win8 so hated (partially fixed with 8.1)

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    If you feel the need to install stardock, then I think MS has honestly lost the plot with 11 .
    "you get this" rather than "what do you want " . Same attitude that made Win8 so hated (partially fixed with 8.1)
    I think we have to remember Win11 is still in preview, so if there is enough grumbling, it might yet get changed.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    The start menu is honestly my biggest gripe.

They have pinned apps and a recommended section and that's it, you can't turn either off. Well, you can, but then they just sit there saying "Turn this on" instead of giving you more space.

They also moved the button to show all apps to furthest away point from the start menu, probably to try and force people to use their new way but it's infuriating.

Windows 10 had it perfect- one click on the start button and you had search, an all apps list, system controls and a customizable list.

Big step backwards, I hope Start 11 will let you ditch All Programs for the old 10 left hand style all apps menu but if not then that's a pain too. Will check it out when I get home.

Well that one snuck in Now upto 22000.132 I see they are trying out Teams on this version -- Hope they keep it, from what I heard its better than Skype.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-in...ild-22000-132/

I decided I could afford $8.99 so I got the Start11 beta. Verdict -it's OK. You have lots of control over how you want it to look and you can switch between the "standard" Win11 Menu and Start11 with one click.
    The thing that is missing is the ability inside "all programs" to click on a letter and go straight to those items. I think that is a significant omission. I'll be posting feedback to Stardock about that. It will be interesting to see the response.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Well that one snuck in Now upto 22000.132 I see they are trying out Teams on this version -- Hope they keep it, from what I heard its better than Skype.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-in...ild-22000-132/

Finally a native Teams app... The electron app is painful. More than a few people on a video call and my laptop flans start blazing like it's going to fly off in to space. Was glad to hear that they'll be offering it to people for free too, would be nice to have it replace skype.

I decided I could afford $8.99 so I got the Start11 beta. Verdict -it's OK. You have lots of control over how you want it to look and you can switch between the "standard" Win11 Menu and Start11 with one click.
    The thing that is missing is the ability inside "all programs" to click on a letter and go straight to those items. I think that is a significant omission. I'll be posting feedback to Stardock about that. It will be interesting to see the response.
    Thanks Tony, that's great to hear. I agree that's a let down that they omitted that feature, it's great especially with a lot of apps. Stardock seem to be pretty responsive to user feedback though so hopefully they will respond and consider adding it.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-in...ild-22000-160/

Installing 22000.160 now... zoom zoom zoom

Just installed it and then the problems started. Couldn't access most websites. After a bit of testing I booted back to Win 10 but the same problem so I new it wasn't Win 11. Turned out that coincidently my network switch did a hiccup. A repower of it solved the issues. ahh coincidences :-)
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    Just installed it and then the problems started. Couldn't access most websites. After a bit of testing I booted back to Win 10 but the same problem so I new it wasn't Win 11. Turned out that coincidently my network switch did a hiccup. A repower of it solved the issues. ahh coincidences :-)
    Well done Paul. Instead of just jumping to conclusions and swearing at MS as a lot of people would do you solved the problem.