Page 306 of 321 FirstFirst ... 299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 3207

Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    Both. I did a new Win 10 on a VM and added the LabConfig settings and the insider says "Release Preview Channel". Setup a new VM fore Win 11 and using the ISO creation site that you pointed me to I get to the Activation screen and when I click on I don't have a code it then says that the machine can't be updated. I added the LabConfig settings and go back one screen and then to the next one but still no good.
    Did you change the appraiserres.dll file in the ISO as well ?? Just tried to install the insider build on this office PC in a VM using a W7 Key and it went straight in, yet the MS app says this PC wont run W11, but other apps say it will.

Computer Tech

Default Re: Windows 11 Latest Tech Preview

I've been running the Devs version of Windows 11 on my daily driver HP Probook laptop and so far it's been great.
    Been a couple of weeks now.
    Using the laptop screen plus a 4k 50" TV and no issues.
    Loving the start menu and icons in the middle of the screen.

The only thing I've noticed so far that wasn't working was the date format but since the latest update that appears to be fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Did you change the appraiserres.dll file in the ISO as well ?? Just tried to install the insider build on this office PC in a VM using a W7 Key and it went straight in, yet the MS app says this PC wont run W11, but other apps say it will.
    No I hadn't changed the appraiserres.dll file. Have done that and created a new ISO with Nero but it doesn't seem to be bootable. What did you use to make the new ISO bootable??
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

No I hadn't changed the appraiserres.dll file. Have done that and created a new ISO with Nero but it doesn't seem to be bootable. What did you use to make the new ISO bootable??
    How are you creating your ISO? Try using UUPDump; Go to https://uupdump.net, search for Windows 11, choose Windows 11 Insider Preview amd64 (it's the second option atm) and go through the options. When it asks for the download type, choose Download and Convert to ISO, and then run the batch script it has in the zip file. It'll download all the installation files from Microsoft and then generate a bootable ISO that you can boot directly from in your VM.

Once you boot the ISO, before starting install, press shift + f10 at the installer welcome screen, use the command prompt window that appears to run regedit and then add in the LabConfig keys for secure boot and TPM. Should install easily after that

Personally this is my preferred way to grab Windows 11, I have too many issues with the Insider program. Have checked the batch scripts it generates and is safe.
    Last edited by baabits; 15-07-2021 at 10:27 AM.

As above, sometimes you still have to change the appraiserres.dll file as well as add the Labconfig keys.

Thanx baabits That's where I got the original Win 11 ISO from. Today I extracted both Win 10 and 11 ISO files and added the Win 10 appraiserres.dll to the Win 11 files. Then with Nero I tried to create the Win 11 ISO file again which I can do but the VM says it's not bootable. Tried the LabConfig keys as you can see from above.
    Regards,

Paul W

I think I may give this a miss on this PC and try on my laptop that only says that the CPU is not up to it..
    Regards,

Paul W

I think I may give this a miss on this PC and try on my laptop that only says that the CPU is not up to it..
    Yeah its still early days yet and it will change before final release. I've installed the insider on several Old PC's that say it cant run on - But mainly to have a play and when they say it wont work - there's a challenge

A s a last final thing I tried was to add another partition to my SSD called Windows 11. Ran the original setup from the Win 11 ISO and i get as far as checking the PC and fails saying I need secure boot and TPM2. Add the bypass entries into the registry but still halts on that part. Copy the appraiserres.dll from the Win 10 ISO to the Win 11 files and try again. Get past the software license agreement and then goes to the "Making sure you're ready to install" and then just vanishes. Weird .
    Regards,

Paul W

Get past the software license agreement and then goes to the "Making sure you're ready to install" and then just vanishes. Weird .
    Had that the other Day, after about 4 goes it went a bit further each time until finally installing.

Now here's the "Weird Part" tried it again from fresh using another HDD, the Same ISO but loaded from a different USB Drive, and went straight in without any problems

The Only difference was the one that "played up" was USB3 where as the other was USB2. Since then, tried the Same USB3 on another old PC and that was fine.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 15-07-2021 at 01:28 PM.