Page 305 of 317 FirstFirst ... 298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3163

Default Re: Windows 10 --- Latest Tech Preview

Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    Oh I just meant the lab keys from paulw for 11 setup- there aren’t any hard requirements for dev builds besides TPM and secure boot so it’s strange it won’t work.
    Couldn't figure out how to copy and paste between VM and Win 10 desktop so took a pix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win 11 Registary_edited_edited.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	11001  
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    Couldn't figure out how to copy and paste between VM and Win 10 desktop so took a pix.
    Oh there it is- the key name is wrong, it says LabqConfig but should be LabConfig ))

Default Re: Windows 11 Latest Tech Preview

OKAY folks -- Our good moderator has changed ( upgraded) the thread title to Windows 11.

Going By Microsoft's "This is the last version" Should be good for another 5-6 years LOL
    Last edited by wainuitech; 13-07-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Default Re: Windows 11 Latest Tech Preview

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    OKAY folks -- Our good moderator has changed ( upgraded) the thread title to Windows 11.

Going By Microsoft's "This is the last version" Should be good for another 5-6 years LOL
    Good stuff. That should give the trolls something to talk about.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Oh there it is- the key name is wrong, it says LabqConfig but should be LabConfig ))
    yep one little typo can cause all sorts of grief Found that reg sometimes works sometimes doesn't. One Other I have also done while mucking about is change the appraiserres.dll file from a Windows 10 ISO to W11 ISO. ( as posted in #3038)

Really weird - I downloaded a 2nd copy of the insider onto a different USB, and did a in place upgrade, for some reason it would only go so far then stop ?? So used the original ( same build number) USB and that worked fine -- Who knows -- Mind you MS are bound to change these so they don't work, and then some bright buggers will find a work around --- And on it goes

yep one little typo can cause all sorts of grief Found that reg sometimes works sometimes doesn't. One Other I have also done while mucking about is change the appraiserres.dll file from a Windows 10 ISO to W11 ISO. ( as posted in #3038)

Really weird - I downloaded a 2nd copy of the insider onto a different USB, and did a in place upgrade, for some reason it would only go so far then stop ?? So used the original ( same build number) USB and that worked fine -- Who knows -- Mind you MS are bound to change these so they don't work, and then some bright buggers will find a work around --- And on it goes
    Something that amazes me is how long the Core series of Intel CPUs has lasted- anything with even a Gen 2 or Gen 3 i5 or i7 with 8GB of RAM and a small-ish SSD is still a perfectly usable computer for work and leisure time. We're literally at the point where they have to give a supported CPU list to get people to upgrade

Hopefully at least they will come out and say yes 7th gens can upgrade to Win 11 supported- Paul Thurrott reckons they will do a mea culpa- I've found the OS more and more enjoyable to use as I've forced myself to adjust to the small annoyances.

Ah ha. Must be going blind./ Thanx for that..
    Regards,

Paul W

Just tried it again on the VM with the correct settings and no go . Forgot that with the VM if you exit the install you also lose the registry changes. Just wondering if I should put these settings into the main Win 10 PC as well??
    Regards,

Paul W

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    Just tried it again on the VM with the correct settings and no go . Forgot that with the VM if you exit the install you also lose the registry changes. Just wondering if I should put these settings into the main Win 10 PC as well??
    on The VM -- Was that as a fresh install or upgrade. ( w10 to W11)? A VM really is a standalone install, shouldn't have any effect or real connection to the main OS.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 14-07-2021 at 12:38 PM.

on The VM -- Was that as a fresh install or upgrade. ( w10 to W11)? A VM really is a standalone install, shouldn't have any effect or real connection to the main OS.
    Both. I did a new Win 10 on a VM and added the LabConfig settings and the insider says "Release Preview Channel". Setup a new VM fore Win 11 and using the ISO creation site that you pointed me to I get to the Activation screen and when I click on I don't have a code it then says that the machine can't be updated. I added the LabConfig settings and go back one screen and then to the next one but still no good.
    Regards,

Paul W