Page 313 of 317 FirstFirst ... 306307308309310311312313314315316317 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3163

Default Re: Windows 11 Latest Tech Preview

Just looked, the Latest version is 22000.168 Got the same message, still boots perfectly fine and runs as before, just no updates by the looks. Might have to have a look and see if I can throw something together that will work, got a few spare 2nd hand parts about.

OR just let it go as is -- Decisions decisions Just reading on the insider forum, some are getting that Same message and their Hard ware is 100% compatible. MAYBE a "bug".

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Just looked, the Latest version is 22000.168 Got the same message, still boots perfectly fine and runs as before, just no updates by the looks. Might have to have a look and see if I can throw something together that will work, got a few spare 2nd hand parts about.

OR just let it go as is -- Decisions decisions Just reading on the insider forum, some are getting that Same message and their Hard ware is 100% compatible. MAYBE a "bug".
    I think it is a bug- I'm getting the same message on an 11th gen Intel CPU lol.

Quote Originally Posted by baabits View Post
    I think it is a bug- I'm getting the same message on an 11th gen Intel CPU lol.
    Awhhh That's interesting

Maybe its a bit like Google, once after a MS office 365 update, and google said it was to old and insecure for their setting please upgrade to a newer version

22449.1000 downloaded and installed. It warned it would be longer than usual, but it all went smoothly enough.
    Note the change in build number - that is for the dev channel build from now on. The major change is to SMB compression. There are also a lot of fixes.
    If you look at the blog https://blogs.windows.com/windows-in...w-build-22449/ there is a bit about the hardware requirements, which may explain paulw's issue.
    Last edited by Tony; 03-09-2021 at 08:38 AM.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

Just checked on this " wont run W11 and out of Insider PC" updated to 22000.176 from 22000.168, So now going to UUP Dump downloading the ISO, 22449.1000 Will see if a in place upgrade will work.

All that I got today was 2021-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5006050)
    "Windows 11 Build 22000.176 (KB5006050) has been released to testers in the Beta Channel of the Windows Insider program. This cumulative update is also available for unsupported hardware in the Dev Channel, and it comes with various bug fixes and improvements. No new features are included in the update."
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Just found an "interesting" post on the insider Forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/eddie-can-you-please-clarify-what-happens 2nd Answer.

This part made me laugh:
    If you do not meet the hardware requirements, you will be able to switch Windows 11 to Windows 11 via the upcoming MCT or an ISO, but at your own "risk". Support, e.g. via the feedback hub, will then not be available from Microsoft.

99% of the time the MS "help" is totally useless anyway. They go off on tangents or give completely wrong, unworkable answers, OR the Fav, reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Just found an "interesting" post on the insider Forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/eddie-can-you-please-clarify-what-happens 2nd Answer.

This part made me laugh:

99% of the time the MS "help" is totally useless anyway. They go off on tangents or give completely wrong, unworkable answers, OR the Fav, reinstall.
    The MS answers forum is terrible. I swear 90% of the answers are you need to repair your system files, run sfc /scannnow

From that forum post "But the Windows 11 22000 will still be supported with updates until October 2023. " That's quite a long time for a test build
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

In case any of you got what I got, there is a fix if explorer.exe is constantly crashing:

https://www.xda-developers.com/micro...injecting-ads/

Step 1: Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open Task Manager.
    Step 2: Choose “More details” at the bottom of Task Manager to expand Task Manager.
    Step 3: Go to “File” and choose “Run new task”.
    Step 4: Type “cmd” in the “Open” field.
    Step 5: Paste the following (everything in bold):
    reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Iri sService /f && shutdown -r -t 0
    Step 6: Hit enter, and then your PC should reboot. After rebooting, everything should be back to normal.
    Jesus Microsoft... i get it's dev build but more ads? Seriously? ugh