Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VoidMaster

Default As Usual I've Been Scanning the Net For Latest on Omicron Variant

Cross your fingers and hope this is correct:

South African doctor who raised alarm about omicron variant says symptoms are ‘unusual but mild’:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...says-symptoms/
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Default Re: As Usual I've Been Scanning the Net For Latest on Omicron Variant

Could be that the virus is on the way out. As in Japan, maybe it is on a roll, mutating to a weaker variant?

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

VoidMaster

Hope so.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Cross your fingers and hope this is correct:

South African doctor who raised alarm about omicron variant says symptoms are ‘unusual but mild’:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...says-symptoms/
    yet i saw a report that its been effecting 20-30 year olds a lot more and its putting them in hospital a lot more.
    i think its way to early to comment. however bad it may be, keeping it out is a good thing.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Not Omicron but general.
    My eldest daughter age 33 - in Los Angeles has just had her Pfizer Booster jab. While in NZ earlier this year she had her 2 Pfizer jabs while working at a hospital.
    I see an article on MSN News about NZ getting 450000 Pfizer booster vaccines by e nd of this year,
    I hope they properly rethink the priority rating for this. . In my opinion they prioritized wrongly the first time by focusing on the aged population (and I am one of them) .
    The Remote areas are only now being addressed -should have been given higher priority since many of those residents live in deprived conditions.

If you are one of those that follow Dr john Campbell his latest one this morning gives the latest info on it being mild in the vaccinated but hitting the unvaccinated in SA and the rest of Africa

Looks like not to severe but will spread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdkCVeWc1pQ

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post

And thats something not mentioned in the media. Because it wont generate the same buzz & interest (and fear)

Lots of news about this omicon the radio , all more scaremongering .

And don't think that the Covid Passport will die when Covid does it will jet get repurposed for for some other control freak use like a social credit system.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    And don't think that the Covid Passport will die when Covid does it will jet get repurposed for for some other control freak use like a social credit system.
    I'm happy to call BS on that claim.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by Paul.Cov View Post
    I'm happy to call BS on that claim.
    I hope you are right Paul but I will not be surprised if you are not. This whole business has a lot more to do with politics than it does with health.